Game-Labs Forum

Capture of AI (sort of)

This suggestion is a combination of others I have read with a few of my own ideas thrown in...

After defeating (successfully boarding or they surrender) an AI ship you have a couple of options:

1. You can loot the hold, take ONLY what will fit on your ship, and then click on sink ship and scuttle it. This is basically what we have currently tho the game sometimes allows us to overload our ship. Overloading greater than a small percentage should not be possible. This option would give you your PVE/PVP marks and some gold as a reward.

2. Or the second option is you can transfer crew over and add it to your fleet. You do not need the fleet perk. In fact, you can do this as many times as you want before returning to your nation's port tho realize each time your "fleet" grows it is getting slower and more undercrewed. No magical crew appearance, you use what you originally had amd can heal. If you want to spend repairs getting the capture seaworthy, you can if you have the repairs available. You receive the PVE/PVP marks but NO gold. Then you must get the captured ship(s) back to your nation's port at which time you must turn the captured prize(s) over to the admiralty which will reward you significantly more gold for the prize than you would have earned if you just sank the ship.

What this second option does is it gives an opportunity for us to earn more gold by combat but with significantly greater risk. It also turn every capped AI ship into a potential PVP target.

• Like 5

Sailing back captured, undercrewed ships is often tremendously stressful (if you're hunting in enemy waters) and, to be honest, one of my FAVORITE things about the game.

I'd love having the option to do the same thing with AI ships, with the proviso that they would (if they were AI and not player owned) HAVE to be sold to NPC shop/admiralty upon return to port. But I want to have to return it to port to get this reward, and the reward should be compelling (like, comparable to selling a player-owned ship in the store).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sansón Carrasco said:

Sailing back captured, undercrewed ships is often tremendously stressful (if you're hunting in enemy waters) and, to be honest, one of my FAVORITE things about the game.

I'd love having the option to do the same thing with AI ships, with the proviso that they would (if they were AI and not player owned) HAVE to be sold to NPC shop/admiralty upon return to port. But I want to have to return it to port to get this reward, and the reward should be compelling (like, comparable to selling a player-owned ship in the store).

Exactly what I'm suggesting. 

• Like 2