Game-Labs Forum

Howdy Folks,

Personally, I hate the new system of having to unlock Knowledge Slots of certain ships to then be able to unlock the Slots of other ships.  It annoys me to be forced to drive something to make something else better.  To me, it takes sand out of the box.  As soon as I'm done with the Brig I'll never drive one again (until another wipe and I have to do it again...)

But since this is the way it is now, I'll deal with it.  That said, it would be nice if the Experience you get from Sailing between ports, would also be added to the specific Ship Knowledge experience.  I mean, I got that experience sailing that boat, why don't I get that experience on that boat?  It would be a great help to alleviate some of this new grind as well as get me personally out of a ship I absolutely detest sooner (the Brig).

Do you still get xp from other people using your crafted ships?,

this could be a way for crafters that spends most of there time trading/moving stuff all the time to advance the knowledge slots and supply market with more ship types and maybe  admins prophecy of that player made ships should be cheaper than npc ships might come true. As 6/7 rates would maybe even get crafted by the already l50 crafters so they can progress there knowledge slots

Edited by Wigermo
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, elite92 said:

afk sailing in the ocean only to unlock slots?

Does it really matter if you were afk or at the keyboard while sailing the ship?

You earned the experience while sailing that ship.  What's the reason you don't get that experience in the Ship Knowledge of that ship?  It doesn't make much sense to me.

Edited by William Bonney

14 hours ago, elite92 said:

afk sailing in the ocean only to unlock slots?

I don't think you get it, but it's so small and you have to actually go into a port. It's not the time your at sea it's the distance between the last port you entered to the next one that it pays you.   So just sitting AFK out side a port won't get you nothing.

13 hours ago, Wigermo said:

Do you still get xp from other people using your crafted ships?,

this could be a way for crafters that spends most of there time trading/moving stuff all the time to advance the knowledge slots and supply market with more ship types and maybe  admins prophecy of that player made ships should be cheaper than npc ships might come true. As 6/7 rates would maybe even get crafted by the already l50 crafters so they can progress there knowledge slots

I don't think so, but this would be nice thing for crafters if they got some xp back to help for those that spend all there time crafting and not fighting.   I would also love if your fleet got a small percentage of xp or the xp it gains in battle to go towards that ship unlock. 

My biggest issue right now is the share PvP rewards are crap compared to PvE grind for xp and credits.  Yah I want the PvP marks, but I get more for sinking an AI most the time cause I'll solo it.  We got guys that won't let others join there missions to grind cause they want all the xp and gold from them.  That should be how the game promotes group play, it's actually promoting every man for them selves right now.

30 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

My biggest issue right now is the share PvP rewards are crap compared to PvE grind for xp and credits.  Yah I want the PvP marks, but I get more for sinking an AI most the time cause I'll solo it.  We got guys that won't let others join there missions to grind cause they want all the xp and gold from them.  That should be how the game promotes group play, it's actually promoting every man for them selves right now.

This right here. I used to enjoy fleeting with clanmates, but now I just solo em cus I don't want to do 2, 3 times as many missions in those bloody small ships. I'm currently at snow and mercury, and finally it starts to be a little fun again, so I think I'll start teaming up again because I no longer want to be out of that damn tub as soon as possible!

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I don't think you get it, but it's so small and you have to actually go into a port. It's not the time your at sea it's the distance between the last port you entered to the next one that it pays you.   So just sitting AFK out side a port won't get you nothing.

who have talked about afk outside port? i was think about free tons of xp u get in afk sailing between cities and bermuda island with little to no problem of pvp. this will not work

5 hours ago, elite92 said:

who have talked about afk outside port? i was think about free tons of xp u get in afk sailing between cities and bermuda island with little to no problem of pvp. this will not work

If you're capable of plotting a route that takes you a long distance afk or not, and manage to earn the experience, what's the problem here?  You've earned experience, it's the way it works in game right now.  Why shouldn't that experience get applied to the ship you sailed to earn it?

Just saying it won't work or it's a bad idea, yeah, those are your opinions.  How about elaborating.