Game-Labs Forum

If you are a Lord of a county, you get a free outpost there

...and perhaps 1 free dock space that's only good for that county (i.e., you can park 1 ship there and it doesn't count against your total dock space).

Just thinking this might drive more contested port battles, if we could more reasonably park a ship at the counties we are Lords of.

I mean, you'd think they'd give a Lord a free docking slot at least.

• Like 5

Unless I'm mistaken WE GOT A FREE OUTPOST SLOT ON LAUNCH!!! You just had to pay to build it. 

WE ALSO WERE GIVEN 5 SHIPS SLOTS FOR FREE!!!!

Please get over the mentality that everything should be free!!! 

(Im guessing your sail for Britain?) 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, monk33y said:

Unless I'm mistaken WE GOT A FREE OUTPOST SLOT ON LAUNCH!!! You just had to pay to build it. 

Seems like he made a arguable suggestion - why you gotta be so negative, talking about "mentalities" and such. It's just a suggestion, he's not trying to date your mom.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, monk33y said:

Well I am and I don't think we need free slots or dock space.

I can see that the game got more difficult after wipe but after all this is part of what the wipe was intended to do.

I remember myself having five ships in every port I got an outpost before the wipe and it made the game or defending ports way to easy.

And I think there are more Important things which should be worked on at the moment. In my opinion even a new UI would be one of them to be honest and I myself wouldn't care for that.

But i guess ppl starting with the game could stay more likely if the game finaly will look like something

I'm sick of the whining about change!

Basically the last four days have been filled with:

A) I want it all now for free!

B) the games too hard, I want my millions back!

C) the same posts reworded day after day..  Use the search function!!

Edited by monk33y

10 minutes ago, monk33y said:

The suggestion is reasonable. You may not agree, but if this is the case then its better to provide a reasoned argument why you do not agree instead of "trashing" the proposal and attacking other nations.

• Like 1

Just now, SeamanStaines said:

The suggestion is reasonable. You may not agree, but if this is the case then its better to provide a reasoned argument why you do not agree instead of "trashing" the proposal and attacking other nations.

He is asking for more free things. Give me strength! Should the entire game be given for free. First rates for free, no crew costs.

On my nation trashing! If he sails for gb then frankly my point stands!!!

I quite like how limited dock space/outposts serves as a cap so that people can't sail or defend everywhere at once, or have to compromise their other interests (resource production, crafting, PvP outposts) if they want to prioritize RvR.

To give free outposts and dockspace to the lords of the region would make it super-easy - just park a ship there for defense one day and you're done.

Monk33y, how do empty port battles make this a better game?

Why do you prefer 25 vs 0 over having defenders be able to easily show up?

Are you just a conquest mark farmer and don't care about ship combat at all?

Have you even been in a real port battle? You should try it sometime. It's a lot of fun. Maybe one of the best features of this game and it doesn't get to happen often enough. Anything that makes full port battles more common, I probably will support the idea.

WE ARE ONLY TWO WEEKS INTO WHAT IS BASICALLY A NEW GAME! I love pbs, I love screening for pbs. 

I'm a bloody pirate. Right now is an arms race, don't worry soon the pirates will be on your front door. I wonder if you will run away or fight...!

6 minutes ago, Slamz said:

Have you even been in a real port battle? You should try it sometime. It's a lot of fun. Maybe one of the best features of this game and it doesn't get to happen often enough. Anything that makes full port battles more common, I probably will support the idea.

Answered your own question there didn't you. It makes the SORRY win rate go up :P

44 minutes ago, monk33y said:

And this is why he charges at any suggestion whether valid or not like a raging douchebag. He is a salty little muppet.

Anyway I don't think the ports should be free. Maybe an alternative solution would be to give ports that will have a battle the next day one(as to not have them respawn over and over again) free port slot so people can store their ship to make the port defended. But not a full time free slot that would be too much.

As the game stands right now however people are asking for free/easy things because those that have a job/kids/etc. seriously struggle to keep up in game thereby losing access to the activities that give purpose in game which in turn means they would eventually leave due to not having a reason to be around. While surely not all things should turn free/easy there needs to be some serious tuning as to not make this a game only for those without a job or way too much free time on their hands.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, monk33y said:

I'm a bloody pirate. Right now is an arms race, don't worry soon the pirates will be on your front door. I wonder if you will run away or fight...!

Anybody who hasn't had the time to grind out several well armed ships yet will run as losing that one good ship would effectively fully reset them and end the game for them. That is no question. It is not even your fault. Every nation/pirates should harm their enemies. But as it stands the game has becoem too grind intensive for people to 'just' tolerate their losses as it was before. Right now it would be easier for me to buy a new motorcycle in real life then a new ship in game (just not enough time). There is something seriously wrong with that!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Slamz said:

While I wouldn't phrase it quite as ... eloquently .... as Monk33y, he's right, RvR hasn't gotten into swing quite yet because people want to get their marks generation going for the ports they already own first and/or getting their ship production going, after that we'll see whether battles are contested or not. It's far too early to judge, and not having ports in the region is definitely not the reason why they're not contested.

Even if every single port in the game was a free outpost and you had 100 dock slots, the important thing is ship assets. 100 dock slots means nothing if I can't afford 100 ships to put in them.

Frankly I'm not sure of the point of limiting these things. As I see it, more outposts and more dock space = more PvP potential all around the map.

The argument for limiting it is to create a sense of "locality" but the cost of locality is a lot of empty space and a lot of really long sails to engage in PvP actions.

Giving extra bonuses to "Lords" is really my idea of a compromise. You want it limited? I don't know why but fine, keep it limited. But just this little tidbit would make so many PvP actions involve so much less bland sailing for so many people. They still need the ships, though, and you still have to get them there to begin with, but once there it would be easy to go back and fight.

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 1