Game-Labs Forum

Outlaws Release?

Dear Devs

First thank you for your hard work.   I have been afk due to a new family member, but have followed the forums between small bits of sleep.   And I am excit d about a lot of the new changes  (excluding the joint pve and pvp servers - I am happy to test tho?).

A quick question about the status of the outlaw or red pirate class.  Is it still being considered for development?  And if yes when will it be released?  I hope this upcoming asset wipe.  If it is now off the table...please put it back on. 

Cheers. 

I don't think they are doing anything special with outlaws, all it is is they pirates will be able to attack each other and that is in the current testbed.  I really wish they will give the pirates some true love and make them not so much as a Nation with none of the perks.  They really need a real raid system.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I don't think they are doing anything special with outlaws, all it is is they pirates will be able to attack each other and that is in the current testbed.  I really wish they will give the pirates some true love and make them not so much as a Nation with none of the perks.  They really need a real raid system.

So many pirates seem to want the nation thing that I don't think they will get rid of it.

If they had a class that was restricted to 4th rates and raiding and freeports then that would be the class for me and many other's of a similar outlook.

It can't be that hard to do?

Just now, Honourable Bluetooth said:

So many pirates seem to want the nation thing that I don't think they will get rid of it.

If they had a class that was restricted to 4th rates and raiding and freeports then that would be the class for me and many other's of a similar outlook.

It can't be that hard to do?

Yah I came up with some things that would work.  Even if you just restict the pirates to 4th rates crafting you an still allow them to capture SOL's, but that means any National can't capture them and they would go back to the admirality if one is captured.   Than you give the pirates a few more refits like the pirate refit.  So for one to capture one it would be rare.  Though they would need a good raid system instead of the port battles.  Say it's a 12 vs 12 fight and it puts the port in agro for three days where nothing can be produced by the owners.  Though the pirates can produce stuff in it those three days.  When the timer is up it goes back to the owner.  You give pirates Kidds as a capital and make a few ports spread out over the map that is pirates only and can't be captured or used by nationals.  Kinda like freeports but they are pirate havens.  Turn Mort into a central trade hub instead that is nuetrail to all nations and pirates.   There is so much they could do along with a dang reputation system and making the actual Natioanl like pirates Privateers instead of pirates that can fill in other nations port battles if they are working for them.

But hay we will have to see, but I'm not getting my hopes up any time soon that pirates will get anything decent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah I came up with some things that would work.  Even if you just restict the pirates to 4th rates crafting you an still allow them to capture SOL's, but that means any National can't capture them and they would go back to the admirality if one is captured.   Than you give the pirates a few more refits like the pirate refit.  So for one to capture one it would be rare.  Though they would need a good raid system instead of the port battles.  Say it's a 12 vs 12 fight and it puts the port in agro for three days where nothing can be produced by the owners.  Though the pirates can produce stuff in it those three days.  When the timer is up it goes back to the owner.  You give pirates Kidds as a capital and make a few ports spread out over the map that is pirates only and can't be captured or used by nationals.  Kinda like freeports but they are pirate havens.  Turn Mort into a central trade hub instead that is nuetrail to all nations and pirates.   There is so much they could do along with a dang reputation system and making the actual Natioanl like pirates Privateers instead of pirates that can fill in other nations port battles if they are working for them.

But hay we will have to see, but I'm not getting my hopes up any time soon that pirates will get anything decent.

This would all be great. And because it would be more restricting you would find more players joining the Nats which would be a good thing.

Reputation....now that's something that would transform this game in a great way.

What about...

1. Pirates can be invited to any group, under any nation (pirates cannot invite nationals)

2. Pirates are the only ones with smugglers flag

3. Cannot capture ports

4. Pirates cannot be allied

5. Pirates cannot sail anything above 4th rates?

6. A pirate oriented perk?

7. Pirates can attack other pirates

This would make pirates to be different already, I would say different enough.  About implementation..

1. We have already a check there, that we cannot invite other nationalities.  Just add an exception that if invited target is a pirate, you can always invite.  And If pirates are in a group that has national(s), nations rules are applied to these pirates as well (e.g. Alliances)

2. We have smugglers flag, just add an exception that if not a member of pirates, it is not an option

3. Add a check that if a pirate, does not create hostility if no nationals in the same group, or cannot buy a flag (whatever is needed).  Kidds island could be converted to free towns.  (Kidds could be left for later as well, if would be a huge thing to change)

4. Already implemented

5. Check, that we cannot exit a port in a 3th rate or above, nor we can exit to open world from a battle if we are in one.  Forced to port.

6. Well, we have had already one.  Probably not the biggest thing to implement?

7. Already implemented

Implementation time should be short.  Would have already a decent amount of piracy and also privateers.  Probably would be that easy indeed.  Most RvR guys will probably leave pirates after this, but I suppose that is one of the things we are after here.

What about Republic Of Pirates then?  In the above form, it will be there permanently.  And it will stay in its small form as it was in the real life (At least if I have understood correctly).

On 3/29/2017 at 6:58 AM, Cmdr RideZ said:

What about...

1. Pirates can be invited to any group, under any nation (pirates cannot invite nationals)Would allow them to act as privateers

2. Pirates are the only ones with smugglers flag again they are pirates and smugglers so why not.

3. Cannot capture ports Would need something to get econ from or they will never have ships.

4. Pirates cannot be alliedWell they are pirates....

5. Pirates cannot sail anything above 4th rates? Can not craft anything above would be better, but they can sail any ship they can capture per my comment above this would mean Nationals can't capture and keep SOL's though, only Pirates can.  That or if your going to restict them to 4th rates than only pirates can capture ships period.

6. A pirate oriented perk?

7. Pirates can attack other pirates

This would make pirates to be different already, I would say different enough.  About implementation..

1. We have already a check there, that we cannot invite other nationalities.  Just add an exception that if invited target is a pirate, you can always invite.  And If pirates are in a group that has national(s), nations rules are applied to these pirates as well (e.g. Alliances)

2. We have smugglers flag, just add an exception that if not a member of pirates, it is not an option

3. Add a check that if a pirate, does not create hostility if no nationals in the same group, or cannot buy a flag (whatever is needed).  Kidds island could be converted to free towns.  (Kidds could be left for later as well, if would be a huge thing to change) Not freetown, pirate haven with other ports like Marsh Harbour and other historical ports turned into Pirate havens.  I can see a trader going into them, but only pirates can make outpost here.

4. Already implemented

5. Check, that we cannot exit a port in a 3th rate or above, nor we can exit to open world from a battle if we are in one.  Forced to port. Though on note of restrictions...>NO SOL IN FREEPORTS< only Frigates and below for all players.  Other wise only restrict the crafting to pirates but allow them to still capture them.  Believe me if you capture a first rate you will prob have the whole nation coming down on you.

6. Well, we have had already one.  Probably not the biggest thing to implement?

7. Already implemented

Implementation time should be short.  Would have already a decent amount of piracy and also privateers.  Probably would be that easy indeed.  Most RvR guys will probably leave pirates after this, but I suppose that is one of the things we are after here.

What about Republic Of Pirates then?  In the above form, it will be there permanently.  And it will stay in its small form as it was in the real life (At least if I have understood correctly).

There is so much they can do with pirates, but I don't think they will do anything other than what they hinted.  

15 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

There is so much they can do with pirates, but I don't think they will do anything other than what they hinted.  

3. Cannot capture ports Would need something to get econ from or they will never have ships.

The whole idea is that playing a pirate is more difficult, right?  It is the HC mode?  You have to smuggle/capture your materials/resources to craft ships.  Or you may have friends to trade with. (Or alts)

The list I wrote should be very fast to implement.  That would be a good start, get something for testing (for us).  And as those should be fast to implement those are cheap, which means that you cant fail too bad here.  Also the things listed, even that I believe those are small things to implement, those create clearly different kind of faction.  Would probably create a good starting point.

Again it gives a bunch of penalties and no perks.  What are the perks?  Nothing.   With a 1 dura ship mode that means with no means to build there own ships and do econ they will be runing around in nothing but basic cutters if your a solo outlaw player that doesn't have friends or alts.

This is why many of us have brought up an actual raid system instead of capturing ports.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

You could basically fight vs any nation you want, be allied with whoever you want.  Not a benefit?

Only one with smugglers flag, you have access everywhere.

Perks could provide additional change.

Also, we have multiple nations to pick from if one wants RvR.  I do not think pirates have to be balanced in that manner.