Game-Labs Forum

Help with Chancellorsville

Hi, i've beaten Chancellorsville before, but i've heard that you can do it on Day 1 or Phase 1.

I've had trouble recently, i don't know how maybe the new patch or something but I keep losing and need some help taking Chancellors farm. I need some suggestions as my army has no three star brigades this time around, i've got oodles amounts of two star brigades. i've got 45000 infantry, about 2000 cavalry, and 5 full batteries of cannons

You need two full corps of 24 brigades each. Without that, it's very dificult. 

Push through the woods until you are right on the edge of the big clearing where the Objective Point is. Let the Union attack you repeatedly. Make whatever push you need to get the flag at the last minute. Do not push too early because the Union will be swarming by the end of the missions and you need to strike quickly without any time for a counter-attack. This is very difficult on every level. Good luck. 

1 hour ago, Wright29 said:

You need two full corps of 24 brigades each. Without that, it's very dificult. 

Push through the woods until you are right on the edge of the big clearing where the Objective Point is. Let the Union attack you repeatedly. Make whatever push you need to get the flag at the last minute. Do not push too early because the Union will be swarming by the end of the missions and you need to strike quickly without any time for a counter-attack. This is very difficult on every level. Good luck. 

Thanks for the Advice I'll see what I can pull off. although I don't have the 24 brigades in the corps, so i suppose I'll make do without and push my hardest.

Edited by michaelsmithern

I didn't bother trying to attack on the first day.  It's just too difficult and costly with very little gain.  I just wait until the second day so I can flank Howard and smush the Federals' right flank, all the while looting and pillaging all their weapons for the greater Confederate cause.  You can get vastly more weapons for relatively little manpower loss, so I considering it a win.

I know this thread is about winning Chancellorsville but I just choose to take a draw... maybe do the flank attack and get some free guns but in NO WAY am I sending my boys into the day 3 meat grinder... that being said, I sometimes choose to not engage at malvern hill as well, so this isn't just Chancellorsville.

11 hours ago, Zwerty99 said:

I know this thread is about winning Chancellorsville but I just choose to take a draw... maybe do the flank attack and get some free guns but in NO WAY am I sending my boys into the day 3 meat grinder... that being said, I sometimes choose to not engage at malvern hill as well, so this isn't just Chancellorsville.

Actually Malvern Hill is the easiest battle when you're on the attacking side. Focus all your firepower to whittle down the Union on their left flank, then when the 2nd corps arrived just go for the flanking through the farthest road and then double envelop them. Easy peazy.

9 minutes ago, Jamesk2 said:

Actually Malvern Hill is the easiest battle when you're on the attacking side. Focus all your firepower to whittle down the Union on their left flank, then when the 2nd corps arrived just go for the flanking through the farthest road and then double envelop them. Easy peazy.

I dont doubt it is possible, I have won the battle multiple times. However, I sometimes choose to not engage at all because of the casualties and the diminished size of my army from the recent battle at Gaines Mill....

26 minutes ago, Jamesk2 said:

2nd Bull Run as Union is easier. One wave assault to push back the initial fortifications, then one concentrated push through the fields and angling slightly as you hit the trees to take the VP. And that's if you do it straight up. If you take the long left flank instead then some people report winning while killing only 100 men or so.