Game-Labs Forum

Transferring units within an army/ corps

Garyjd

I'm curious as to how many people move units around within a corps or army? I'm finding this comes in handy for preserving 2-3 star units that I cannot build up enough for a coming battle and do not wish to see them further depleted. The important thing here is to make sure there is an open spot in the corps /division you want to transfer the unit into.

I usually trained troops in combat to get 1 division of elite brigades (3*), 1 of veterans (2*), 1 of regulars (1*) and the last division of recruits brigades. Then I would gradually transfer some of these seasoned troops to form a second or third corps without going from scratch.

But take note that the scaling takes into account all your army troops. This limits your ability to create new corps/divisions (or else the enemy also gets more troops). Which is somewhat odd because some part of the fun is supposed to be the development of your army towards next battles.

I would greatly prefer if the scaling was based only on the troops you actually deployed on the battlefield.

1 hour ago, Nicolas I said:

But take note that the scaling takes into account all your army troops. This limits your ability to create new corps/divisions (or else the enemy also gets more troops). Which is somewhat odd because some part of the fun is supposed to be the development of your army towards next battles.

I would greatly prefer if the scaling was based only on the troops you actually deployed on the battlefield.

They did supposedly fix that with the latest patch, there should now be a limit on how powerful the enemy can get in minor battles.

On 3/5/2017 at 10:30 AM, Garyjd said:

I'm curious as to how many people move units around within a corps or army? I'm finding this comes in handy for preserving 2-3 star units that I cannot build up enough for a coming battle and do not wish to see them further depleted. The important thing here is to make sure there is an open spot in the corps /division you want to transfer the unit into.

How often? 

Almost every single frigging time, after almost every single frigging battle,  I adjust my units within my corps to tweak my OOB for the next challenge. 

That is what the extra corps slot is for; holding my excess baggage. 

• Like 1

To add to this, possibly, as long as there is a slot open for it you can adjust units from corps to corps. 

What I would like to see is possibly, reaching a brigade's maximum size by using the other brigades in other corps. 

Say your army organization skill allows 2000 men per brigade in a division, but you can only manage to afford 1300 or so per brigade, I would like to go to my second or third corps, and using those men, fill the ranks to max capacity. 

Am I making sense?

On 9 mars 2017 at 8:41 AM, A. P. Hill said:

Say your army organization skill allows 2000 men per brigade in a division, but you can only manage to afford 1300 or so per brigade, I would like to go to my second or third corps, and using those men, fill the ranks to max capacity. 

I agree. It would be great if we could merge the remnants of two experienced brigades to form a new one instead of being forced to disband them or fill them with recruits.