Game-Labs Forum

Should the games name be changed?

I propose a name change to the game. Not sure to what but the current name implies action.

Unfortunately this is no longer the case. The game has devolved into more of a trading/crafting game than an actual game featuring naval combat as the name implies. 

Even during " prime time" combat against players can be difficult to find due to the primary focus of the game has switched to non combat activities. 

It should also be noted that the YouTube videos showing this as a game about exciting naval combat should be removed, as that is no longer the case and is basically false advertising.

26 minutes ago, Justme said:

I propose a name change to the game. Not sure to what but the current name implies action.

Unfortunately this is no longer the case. The game has devolved into more of a trading/crafting game than an actual game featuring naval combat as the name implies. 

Even during " prime time" combat against players can be difficult to find due to the primary focus of the game has switched to non combat activities. 

It should also be noted that the YouTube videos showing this as a game about exciting naval combat should be removed, as that is no longer the case and is basically false advertising.

Word Action has many definitions and most of them fit Naval Action. Simply we can say that sailing is Action.  Do more research on False Advertisement and present stronger facts for this Alpha Project. Making such accusations is dangerous and foolish and nothing more than personal emotions speaking. 

Regarding Name change I like your suggestion and would strongly support it by naming game 

---

Naval Action

The war for all the Seas

---

Edited by Ned Loe

16 minutes ago, Ned Loe said:

Word Action has many definitions and most of them fit Naval Action. Simply we can say that sailing is Action.  Do more research on False Advertisement and present stronger facts for this Alpha Project. Making such accusations is dangerous and foolish and nothing more than personal emotions speaking. 

Regarding Name change I like your suggestion and would strongly support it by naming game 

---

Naval Action

The war for all the Seas

---

How many gameplay vids( excluding tutorials) do you see of the exciting trading action, or of the exciting crafting action. Not very many. They are mostly by a large margin focused on combat.

Your suggested name is even more misleading. It should be along the lines of " age of sail, trading simulation" because that is what the game has turned into.

I find it hard to believe this is not a troll post.  A better title to prevent the trollish vibe from this post would be to name it:  "how do we bring the action back to naval action". 

and then you discuss some ideas on how to effectively do that. 

Edited by Yar Matey

14 minutes ago, Justme said:

How many gameplay vids( excluding tutorials) do you see of the exciting trading action, or of the exciting crafting action. Not very many. They are mostly by a large margin focused on combat.

Your suggested name is even more misleading. It should be along the lines of " age of sail, trading simulation" because that is what the game has turned into.

Delete your character and start over. You will find new Action soon enough. 

Because the developers don't seem to be interested in that aspect anymore.

there was even a YouTube vid a few weeks back, showing several hours of trading and sailing with nothing else going on. Titled " the real naval action " but it was removed for a supposed copyright infringement.