Game-Labs Forum

Should I get a refund?

You indicate that you enjoy solo play.

In this game that would effectively mean you will sail small to medium sized ships. Examples of such are the rattlesnake/surprise.

Those ships respectively don't require weeks of grinding yo be utilized. Dont quote me on this, but with the 5th rank iirc you have 200 crew, which is fine for the majority of that size of ship.

Go to the pvp events, it sounds like you would enjoy being a pirate (you can attack everyone) and pick your targets there.

Thanks gents. You confirmed what I suspected. I've never felt any great need to be max level anything in any mmo and often enjoy being somewhere in the middle. That also means I don't worry about grinds. I just play for fun and if i level... that's OK too.

See you in a few hours. I'll be the guy in the row boat yelling 'Yarrrrrr'.

13 hours ago, Fengist said:

I just purchased Naval Action. Haven't even logged in yet. And now I see how much the player base has dropped in the past year. That scares me. While I still can... should I get a refund?

This is Alpha and not a final product. We have enough of people to test it and develop it. Please come back when game is finished. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fengist said:

I just purchased Naval Action. Haven't even logged in yet. And now I see how much the player base has dropped in the past year. That scares me. While I still can... should I get a refund?

yes, plz go away, dont even try the game...

18 hours ago, Wind said:

This is Alpha and not a final product. We have enough of people to test it and develop it. Please come back when game is finished. 

Pretty sad when a 'staff' member says, 'thanks for the cash now get lost.'  Is that the opinion of all of Game-Labs?  If so, why is it for sale on Steam?  

7 hours ago, Fengist said:

Pretty sad when a 'staff' member says, 'thanks for the cash now get lost.'  Is that the opinion of all of Game-Labs?  If so, why is it for sale on Steam?  

Wind is a volunteer forum moderator, not an employee of Game Labs. He likes to impersonate developers on a regular basis.

On 7/1/2017 at 2:06 AM, JonSnowLetsGo said:

If you look for a exceptional nice community and great battle mechanics Naval Action could be something for you.

These are in fact the main NA problems at the moment.

Especially the mechanisms.
As reguards the community, i am referring to the players (I have never understood what it meant "community" in games ... boh!); a part of players, most, prefer to abuse of such mechanisms, eg. spawn out of nowhere in front of a port to join a port-battle avoiding "screening fleet", etc etc etc etc etc.
I also remember that time ago was a "good usage" insult in chat the enemies, before it was temporarily suspended the "chat at All", today things are better fortunately.
I remember that before there were diplomacies more precise, many clans within a nation took different policies and contrasting lines. Even this thing has been adjusted for luck. PS: I do not understand sincerely sense of clans in a game divided in nations ... boh!
Also many players have more "alt" (additional accounts) who also use as spies in other nations.
This is one that you have defined excellent community.
Thankfully the developers have worked well and reduced many problems like that, but many remain trouble keeping the game mechanics, who are abused anyway.

It 'a dog chasing its tail. Mechanisms cause abuses; that is why i say to reduce them.

I remember with great melancholy early NA times, when there were only battles. Even the players looked different, more intent on play well that think of strange strategies with abuse and deceptions to win (but what?)

In any case the game is in alpha, then definitely improve in the future. The developers have already proven to work well. I'm not very convinced (and probably also those who want more sim.) of the way taken recently; it seems that the developers have preferred to follow world of warcraft's players. This is sad...

Edited by JeanJacques de Montpellier

On 1/6/2017 at 7:01 PM, Fengist said:

stop feeding the trolls. Anyone asking about a refund before even trying the game is seeking attention, and is getting it here. You guys are too nice, much love :)

On 1/7/2017 at 7:26 AM, Wind said:

Wow - I can't believe what I just read. With NA on sale and server populations as low as they there... you're turning people away? Unbelievable.

Good thing for you I'm not in charge or your chain would get yanked so hard you'd do a back flip.

• Like 1