Game-Labs Forum

Only historical?

piggypotpie

I apologize as I'm new here, but does anyone know exactly where this is heading? Will this be strictly "historical" with battles only in the areas where there were actual conflicts or will there be new areas of the game that battles conceivably could have been fought? 

Edited by piggypotpie
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, piggypotpie said:

I apologize as I'm new here, but does anyone know exactly where this is heading? Will this be strictly "historical" with battles only in the areas where there were actual conflicts or will there be new areas of the game that battles conceivably could have been fought? 

I believe the direction of the game is to multipi-player and from the Mississippi River east to the coast will be an open world conflict with state capitals and major forts and land battles to be conquest points. :D:D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, van der Decken said:

I believe the direction of the game is to multipi-player and from the Mississippi River east to the coast will be an open world conflict with state capitals and major forts and land battles to be conquest points. :D:D

I've heard nothing of the sort :).

But otherwise, in regards to going beyond history, the final battles will be for Richmond for the Union and for Washington for the Confederates so those are different from history.

Otherwise I don't know if they'll invent new battles wholesale.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Koro said:

But otherwise, in regards to going beyond history, the final battles will be for Richmond for the Union and for Washington for the Confederates so those are different from history.

Damn! I was looking forwarded to fending off those rebs in New England :o

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koro said:

Oh seriously!? I thought they were referring to the Battle of Richmond (ie end of the Third Battle of Petersburg) and The Battle of Fort Stevens (on the outskirts of Washington). Actual full battles in the respective capitals is a neat idea...but I'd be kinda disappointed not to see the Union campaign at Appomattox Courthouse. The Federal pursuit along the Appomattox was one of the Civil War's most extraordinary campaigns. 

I suspect I'll be happy either way.

4 hours ago, van der Decken said:

Ummm...are you sure? This seems to be the exact opposite of what they said they were doing, unless I'm extremely mistaken.

Just now, van der Decken said:

I know, just being quite hopeful they change their minds.

Ah! lol I thought so

I doubt it, I think its less a case of changing their minds and more a case of requiring a totally different game and engine. Maybe the next Ultimate General (here's hoping!)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mr. Mercanto said:

Ah! lol I thought so

I doubt it, I think its less a case of changing their minds and more a case of requiring a totally different game and engine. Maybe the next Ultimate General (here's hoping!)

So it will it be unlike Total War series where you can look at all angles?

Yeah in this game you can't do that. This game has a much smaller budget and team, and they can't afford an engine like that at present.  There's also the fact that Total War deals with substantially smaller battles.

Essentially, you're trading Total War's Incredible cinematic flair for far more tactically deep and larger scale simulation, produced on a lower budget :). Personally, I find this game far more satisfying.

• Like 1