Game-Labs Forum

Combine

sonnypemberton

1 hour ago, sonnypemberton said:

One of the things I would like to see eventually is the ability to combine brigades in camp. There must be some way to take 2 battered brigades, especially if one lost a commander, and combine the units.

Yes, i'd like to see this as well, because i've had to completely switch around officers just so i could fill in spots for division commanders, when i could have just as easily combined two brigades(with the same weapons) and let them take the better commander.

There is a historical basis for this in each level of command from brigades up to corps. It is also good if you have two three-star veteran brigades that are depleted. By combining them instead of reinforcing, you end up with one close to full strength veteran brigade and one green brigade (from your reinforcements) instead of filling both up and having two mediocre brigades.

• Like 2

A "split" command would be well-appreciated. It is most relevant when you've purchased a few new weapons and want to incorporate them into the army but your veteran units are simply too large to carry them, and you don't want to give those shiny weapons to the green recuits. Yesterday I was extremely disappointed when found my only 2-star infantry brigade to be 50 man more than my stock of Fayetteville.

For artillery it's even more necessary. Many times I've seen the advice "Don't create arty brigade bigger than 8 guns to ensure smoother upgrading". But when you have 5-6 spare guns of some calibre it became very irritating...

Edited by Jamesk2

+1 to merging brigades in the barracks. Currently you must disband, which retains weapons, officer, and men, but you lose the experience and the cumulative kill tally.

I can't think of many instances I'd need to split a brigade in the barracks, except perhaps to optimize weapons distribution.