Game-Labs Forum

Treasure Fleet events

Currently, the game between PBs and events is either trade, missions, or be a pain in the ass for traders.

A suggestion I've made in chat before, add treasure fleets that have a leaving port that sail East off the map. These fleets would have several trade ships in them and would be loaded with loot (booty).

Will it be an easy target? Partially. A single frigate would have a tough time being able to cap 5 indiamen. But a coordinated effort from enemy nations would make mince meat of the fleet. With that being said, it would be advisable for the fleets host nation to be protecting it. If the fleet makes it off map or to the end location, then the host nation gets an ample reward for protecting the cargo and ships, which would push friendlies to go protect the ships due to the rewards. 

For the enemies, the cargo on these ships would be so great that the risk of losing a few ships and a few good men would be worth it, and the effort would be put forth from clans and pubbies alike to coordinate attacks and thus gain booty.

I'm sure there will be kinks but I feel it would add an exciting mini game while we sail around. As well as add another avenue of competition between nations aside from privateering and PBs.

Thoughts?

• Like 5

First of all, we don't have loot (booty). Devs close their eyes on loot. All we have are gold and materials. So, before going deep into adding new Events, Developer must realize what is missing here. 

Now, if we did have loot then your suggestion would make more sense right now. What players should do is first ask Devs for loot that later can be used in Events, Missions, OS NPCs and Treasure Fleets.

Good suggestion though. ;) 

• Like 1

Wasn't this considered for the previously tested shipwrecked treasure fleet event and discarded because there were too problematic? E.g. people could tag the fleet and keep it in combat away from others and such things.

12 minutes ago, Aegir said:

Wasn't this considered for the previously tested shipwrecked treasure fleet event and discarded because there were too problematic? E.g. people could tag the fleet and keep it in combat away from others and such things.

We really don't need an Event for Treasure Fleets. Such fleets should be a random spawn around Caribbean. They must have Junk Loot

*Junk Loot - Precious stones, gems, metals, statues, objects. Some objects should have a mission attached to them. 

Introducing players to Loot Collections is a win win. Search for Treasure Fleets, Collect and Exchange. 

Without Junk Loot you can't call them Treasure Fleets, I mean you can but it's boring to just earn gold from their drops. 

If Devs would realize that Junk Loot is at least 50% of PvE content for Naval Action many players would be very happy. Not even that Devs would secure huge population permanently. Knowing that PvE makes a big impact on Game Econ as well. 

I hope they will listen one day. :)

• Like 2

So what does it offer in contrast to the current PvP events, except that there is now AI involved (which is bad)?

43 minutes ago, Wind said:

First of all, we don't have loot (booty). Devs close their eyes on loot. All we have are gold and materials. So, before going deep into adding new Events, Developer must realize what is missing here. 

I thought loot is basically gold and materials :o Can you explain what you mean pls

3 hours ago, Wind said:

We really don't need an Event for Treasure Fleets. Such fleets should be a random spawn around Caribbean. They must have Junk Loot

*Junk Loot - Precious stones, gems, metals, statues, objects. Some objects should have a mission attached to them. 

Introducing players to Loot Collections is a win win. Search for Treasure Fleets, Collect and Exchange. 

Without Junk Loot you can't call them Treasure Fleets, I mean you can but it's boring to just earn gold from their drops. 

If Devs would realize that Junk Loot is at least 50% of PvE content for Naval Action many players would be very happy. Not even that Devs would secure huge population permanently. Knowing that PvE makes a big impact on Game Econ as well. 

I hope they will listen one day. :)

MAKE EPIC FLEETS EPIC ONCE MORE......

They seem to be all over the place and I don't see many using them as they use to.  Give them treasure fleets that you have to actual capture and take the loot from the ships.  You either bring in your own trader and fight with a fleet of friends  or you have to capture and take command of the traders and sail them back to port.   Like you said add junk loot or well the tradable loot that is in most port.   Though give a rare chance one of the ships might have a chest with paint or ships deeds on it.  Maybe even more rare a chance for one of the BP's.   

The loot system really needs a work over. I think the last Curse level fleet I did I got a grey mod from it.   I did an epic once and got the same.  How is a grey mod that I can craft exceptional level worth doing epic missions other than to help some one power level or something cause I can more more gold trading and i don't need the xp cause I'm top level.

This would work great for the admiralty shop they are talking about cause it can go towards points they get from doing these missions.  

Edited by Sir Texas SIr
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

So what does it offer in contrast to the current PvP events, except that there is now AI involved (which is bad)?

I thought loot is basically gold and materials :o Can you explain what you mean pls

These would be PvE OW missions not part of the PvP events at all.

Junk loot would be stuff like the trade goods in each port that you can buy and sale.  At least that is how I would see it.  It's stuff that you can just trade into for gold.

Though I was thinking one issue would be the fact we don't have have tradable loot yet at the battle screen so if one guy boards all the traders he has to pick what he wants to keep instead of keeping it all.  Would mean you will have to use team work and have more than one person that is dedicated boarder or trader.  They really do need to come up with a team loot trade after battles.  If we all worked for something we should get a split int he loot or be able to get it back to port to split it.

Edited by Sir Texas SIr

2 hours ago, Freight said:

Currently, the game between PBs and events is either trade, missions, or be a pain in the ass for traders.

A suggestion I've made in chat before, add treasure fleets that have a leaving port that sail East off the map. These fleets would have several trade ships in them and would be loaded with loot (booty).

Will it be an easy target? Partially. A single frigate would have a tough time being able to cap 5 indiamen. But a coordinated effort from enemy nations would make mince meat of the fleet. With that being said, it would be advisable for the fleets host nation to be protecting it. If the fleet makes it off map or to the end location, then the host nation gets an ample reward for protecting the cargo and ships, which would push friendlies to go protect the ships due to the rewards. 

For the enemies, the cargo on these ships would be so great that the risk of losing a few ships and a few good men would be worth it, and the effort would be put forth from clans and pubbies alike to coordinate attacks and thus gain booty.

I'm sure there will be kinks but I feel it would add an exciting mini game while we sail around. As well as add another avenue of competition between nations aside from privateering and PBs.

Thoughts?

I like it, but I hell I've been saying the same thing. They could expend it too. 

Replace the current epic fleets with sailing fleets, we've all seen them 5kbr, add in a few heavy traders and have them sail around... In enemy nation waters. Then bring back the notes, but rather then player location they have the treasure fleets location. Set up the tag like the hostility missions and leave them open for 30 mins. 

Make it hard, almost like a raid or boss type fight, you'll need your friends and a good trade ship capt to bring the loot back. 

Expand the loot table, more mods for ships, add a level above gold that's not craftable. 

Edited by Daguse

35 minutes ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

You realize this is an open world game right? If you want sheep on the water to hunt, you got to give them some grass to chew. And if you don't like that then I'm sorry an open world game is not for you. 

2 minutes ago, Daguse said:

You realize this is an open world game right? If you want sheep on the water to hunt, you got to give them some grass to chew. And if you don't like that then I'm sorry an open world game is not for you. 

Just like the treasure chests right? OH WAIT, noone was fighting there :o

3 minutes ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

Just like the treasure chests right? OH WAIT, noone was fighting there :o

No, not just walk in and pick up a chest. Give them something to fight. The events got boring for anyone that didn't want to pvp. It was like a hand out. 

You got to make them earn it. 

With out PvE attracting sheep on to the water, the wolfs will have nothing to hunt. 

Edited by Daguse

6 minutes ago, Daguse said:

No, not just walk in and pick up a chest. Give them something to fight. The events got boring for anyone that didn't want to pvp. It was like a hand out. 

You got to make them earn it. 

With out PvE attracting sheep on to the water, the wolfs will have nothing to hunt. 

PvE players will always dodge PvP, and theres no reason to force them into things they dont want. It just causes frustration to all sides.

The forum doesn't want to let me quote you on the last one. However. 

Yes, to a degree they will avoid the PVP. That doesn't mean you can't hunt them. More important, it will bring in sheep dogs, sheep dogs are the ones you really want to fight. They will go toe to toe for the sheep.  

With out the sheep you have no sheep dogs and so nothing to hunt. If you just want to fight other wolfs then Open world will not work, you need a game like WOWs or COD. 

So I have seen this before but never thought of it in the realm of a game till talking to some of the nation yesterday. But I belie this sums it up. 

http://mwkworks.com/onsheepwolvesandsheepdogs.html

Edited by Daguse
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rickard said:

they dont have to participate if they dont like it.....just saying .

this game is not about PVE its about fighting and team play.

Yah they are acting like you have to do these.  This is just anther optoin of things that can be done.  It would be a PvE styel event in the OW instead of some room mission.  Will there be risk?  Yes.  Will you be fighting players?  Maybe as you will have to get to the location and back.  While the mission it self is against AI ships  your still have to get your loot back to your home ports. I would say these mission will be away from main hubs/capitals too.  Though only one nation/group can grab it, it's after the event you have to still get your goods home to port.   Allso they can do it like epic events and they can be spread all over the OW so they aren't in just one or two places and they aren't set to any certain times.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sir Texas SIr said:

Yah they are acting like you have to do these.  This is just anther optoin of things that can be done.  It would be a PvE styel event in the OW instead of some room mission.  Will there be risk?  Yes.  Will you be fighting players?  Maybe as you will have to get to the location and back.  While the mission it self is against AI ships  your still have to get your loot back to your home ports. I would say these mission will be away from main hubs/capitals too.  Though only one nation/group can grab it, it's after the event you have to still get your goods home to port.   Allso they can do it like epic events and they can be spread all over the OW so they aren't in just one or two places and they aren't set to any certain times.  

Yes! we need to find a way to get all players out of their home waters! 

Edited by Daguse
  • Like 1