Game-Labs Forum

Gun battery upgrades

Was wondering wether there are plans about letting players upgrade their ship armaments?

An example could be upgrading from 32 to 42 pounder guns on ships where provisions were made for such upgrades (i.e. there being space for it), a famous example being the HMS Victory which switched between using thirty 32 or 42 pounder guns on the lower gun deck.

Another possible upgrade could be going from a linstock & match firing method to the better gunlock mechanism which supposedly improved accuracy in heavy seas.

Just a thought :)

I hope to sea this feature ingame.

Allow players to upgrade their gun battery according to their level/experience/grade.

But upgrading to a larger caliber would mean heavier weight and consequences on the seakeeping of the ship.

We can change weaponry in this very testbuild.

We will have this in the final game for sure.

Next to the gunsizens the captain can also decide if he wants long cannons or short carronades.

Not sure about the upgradeability of mortars, tho

Cool.

But upggrading or downgrading guns caliber changes the ship seakeeping ?

Ty.

Other question :

Will it be possible (or is it already) possible to change guns for caronades and add a few guns, as they did in that time ?

So that players can choose their tactics : firepower or speed, guns or caronades ? etc...

But i really hop theses change will be only possible in ports, not in the middle of the ocean, just before each battle.