Game-Labs Forum

to shorten travel time

It is not an original idea, nor very popular, but...

I just thinking in a way to shorten travel time: when the ship goes in a straight line just after about 3 or 5 min, the time gets a boost, increasing the speed of vessel in like x1.5 or x2.0 more than the actual rate...in case of crossing another player vessel in his line of sight or when the player change the course, the speed and time comes to the normal rate. It is not a warp, just a little boost, and will not affect the interactions in ow.

• Like 1

A lot of people in Revenge fleets still can't comprehend the OW time/instance time differences and are whining about "camping in BS" being cheat and now yet another person tries to add even more complexity.

We already have teleports between outposts, deliveries between free towns, soon we will have ship deliviries between outposts - what else do you need? Maybe you need the game to play for itself kinda like happy farmer?

The only long journeys are to Bermuda isles and this long trip is worth it!

1 hour ago, Vaan De Vries said:

A lot of people in Revenge fleets still can't comprehend the OW time/instance time differences and are whining about "camping in BS" being cheat and now yet another person tries to add even more complexity.

We already have teleports between outposts, deliveries between free towns, soon we will have ship deliviries between outposts - what else do you need? Maybe you need the game to play for itself kinda like happy farmer?

No, i see the game by other points of view (traders, crafters), not as a clannie egoistic view like you. You clannies not even need OW, cuz only interested in PB bs.

Sorry if i hurt your feelings, kid.

Edited by Roche Brasiliano

11 minutes ago, rediii said:

you write clannie like it would be a bad thing, lol

ofcourse we need and enjoy the OW.

Im with you that we could need a bit more speed on the OW but in my opinion it should be general and not connected with something like, if there is no player around you the speed is 3x. this would generate new problems where a player "warps" to you to help you because someone is chasing you...

i think the speeddifference between ships on the OW is too low at the moment too btw.

Good point of view, i like when ppl give real reasons underpined with real situations. Sry about my salt against clans, but it is just a way to emphasize that devs should focus more on solo/single players to consolidate the population of servers and bring more players to the game, and THEN focus on plural things. The way it is going now, newbies and solo players get bored quick and quit if they dont join a clan and no one should to be forced to join a clan to enjoy a game.

2 hours ago, Roche Brasiliano said:

No, i see the game by other points of view (traders, crafters), not as a clannie egoistic view like you. You clannies not even need OW, cuz only interested in PB bs.

Sorry if i hurt your feelings, kid.

I am not in clan, I don't participate in events, I play almost always alone or with a friend, we like to sail and fight in OW. And I do trade and craft obviously, cause I need to get ships :)) Yep, I do PB from time to time but I cherish small frigate actions much more. So I do have quite a deep understanding of what you are talking about.

But seeing from your infant comments you aren't interested in discussion - only in lobbing another "Let's bring star trek technologies into age of sail game cause I am too lazy to use existing stuff or to improve my logistics" thread.

In age of sail game ship SHOULD SAIL IN OW not warp through some magic channels. 

2000 gamer generation...

3 hours ago, Vaan De Vries said:

LOL, look who is complaining about infant comments...get a life, kid. If you had all day to play and foolish yourself with frustrated dreams to be a real sailor, seek a psychiatrist fast. Ppl need fun, not to look 4 or 5 hours (or more) to a "empty" screen like dumbs.

What is most fun in forums is the fact that ppl believe they had right to insult others because they disagree, and when get a payback they get mad and start to complain as you do now. Very funny, boy.

15027469_2319785331408483_9113926865352417536_n.jpg

7 hours ago, Roche Brasiliano said:

LOL, look who is complaining about infant comments...get a life, kid. If you had all day to play and foolish yourself with frustrated dreams to be a real sailor, seek a psychiatrist fast. Ppl need fun, not to look 4 or 5 hours (or more) to a "empty" screen like dumbs.

What is most fun in forums is the fact that ppl believe they had right to insult others because they disagree, and when get a payback they get mad and start to complain as you do now. Very funny, boy.

15027469_2319785331408483_9113926865352417536_n.jpg

Wow, I never even intended to insult you. Jeez, maybe you really shouldn't play anything MMO like if you treat this as an insult? And where exactly has I complained? :) 

You really are a funny person. 

What is most fun in these forums is that ppl believe all their whining is really not whining.. :)

• Like 1