Game-Labs Forum

Aggressive AI needs to return to PvE game server

There was an aggressive factor to the AI ships in the PvE server. They brought on a element awareness and enhancement to the game. If it wasn't the AI itself but an area where AI becomes aggressive would be better. This way one can circumnavigate a hot location or plow through it knowing the possibility of an engagement may take place.

• Like 3

Indeed AI needs to be aggressive, ie to be able to chase and tag players in OW. Enemies attacking players is the very basic PvE core mechanic...

Instead of exclusive PvE hotspots where AI would be aggressive as OP suggested, one could also imagine a Perk making AI agressive (or unaggressive) everywhere in the map. That would work on both PvE and PvP shards.

Admin said that bots needs to learn how to chase players in OW before turn on AI aggressiveness again. I hope devs will do it ASAP.

But PvE is not a priority for NA devs...

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 2

It might be easier to just implement a form of the hostility mechanics.  Attacking the NPC's raises hostility, and once hostility reaches a predetermined threshold, they become aggressive towards your nation and begin to randomly attack you.

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 1

Jean LaPointe,

Great topic. I play mostly on the PvE server. I slightly disagree with the final comment by LeBoiteux, "PvE is not a priority for the NA Dev's". I just don't think they see it so black and white but my view only. However I do love the idea of a Perk "Agitator"..... that is inspired. Our clan likes to do EPIC RA fleeting which is great, having the BOT as the aggressor really would work adding depth and a new dimension.

The demarcation lines between the Region's give not a Hotspot but more of a longer length of area. This with the Alliance voting system and aggression missioning in a region would tweak the BOT tension higher or lower. In turn helps the AI learning curve building up a real local knowledge base rather than a fixed historical prejudice prior to a cold start. This sounds absolutely perfect. It might be PvE... but that doesn't mean it should be safe, Player Versus Environment remember. That's one of the tasks of the rookie region solves (more  care bear).

However, LeBoiteux's   last point comes front and centre if this is the type of idea we want. This BOT learning curve is no simple tweak, and will take time to develop. Which if I assume correctly the Dev's are short of. But if we got an officer Agitator perk first and quickly this could help flesh out the data learning that would come with time. Could this be done, a perk that would make the BOT attack? Is PvE not a priority for the Dev's?

But wait a minute, don't we already have an in game tag that should do this already....?

I've spoke about this several times before, and player reception seems high, but Dev's were completely opposed to it. The Smuggler Tag in PvE should allow the BOTs to attack players who use it. And players also can attack the tagged player. At the moment there is zero risk to anyone using it in PvE, it should be a risk that gives the reward. The reward immediately kills inflation and stops afk traders. This one small tiny tweak... no ROE no Double Ring drop in timer square root of pi. No Clan help...  BTW I'd love to use the tag under this system. The BOT now as not a cold start, instant aggression in any area that is not fixed....

My last word, PvE stands for Player Versus Environment. I think we sometimes forget the real meaning of it.....

Norfolk nChance

(Elite Clan)