Game-Labs Forum

Port battles and fleet ships, can they enter a PB?

Up to a couple of weeks prior to "the patch" I participated in a number of shallow water port battles (on PVP2). It was my custom to sail to these battles in a merc with two other mercs as fleet ships. When I entered the port battle, the fleet ships were "checked at the door", that is, they did NOT enter the battle with me.

At the Little Harbour (in the noob zone, which also prohibits fleet ships from entering battle) port battle yesterday, a number of other players were saying not to bring fleet ships because they WOULD enter the battle and fill the BR rating with inferior AI ships instead of the more effective player ships. However, this was directly opposed to my recent, personal, PVP2 shallow water port battles.

Apparently, fleet ships entering port battles was the way things worked some time ago (before I participated in PBs).

What is the current, post-patch, behavior?

Do fleet ships enter port battles?

If they don't enter port battles do the effect one's side's BR for a PB?

Modo

NO they can't....long long long time ago they where able to, but that is way in the past.  For a while until they got it coded you couldn't even enter a Port battle if you had a fleet on you.  kinda wish they go back to that cause of certain folks in one nation doing nothing but having fleets in shallow waters.  That hurts the little guys that can't bring there own fleets when that zone is suppose to be Newbie and some reason the ROE for them is broken at the moment.

NO they can't....long long long time ago they where able to, but that is way in the past.  For a while until they got it coded you couldn't even enter a Port battle if you had a fleet on you.  kinda wish they go back to that cause of certain folks in one nation doing nothing but having fleets in shallow waters.  That hurts the little guys that can't bring there own fleets when that zone is suppose to be Newbie and some reason the ROE for them is broken at the moment.

the ROE for the noob zones works just fine. 

This confirms my experience. Wish the others in the pb would have believed me...

Thanks for your original post as well as the responses by others.

I am convinced now.

My apologies to you modo as I was one of those who raised this question yesterday prior to the PB.

It can make for some funny scenarios though. Docked up after screening once to switch to my PB ship, forgot to remove some fleet ships I was using to adjust the crew levels - ended up in the PB with a 450-crew Santi while the rest of the crew was on fleet Trincos that couldn't enter ^^

the ROE for the noob zones works just fine. 

Morgan Bluff is one of 4 regions that are suppose to be in the Newbie zone, than tell me just how there was a 29+ vs 10 battle out side the port?  It seem to work ok over in Little Harbor area cause I was only able to pull in one ship when I tagged some one out side of it.  Though I think two smaller guys joined which isn't a problem cause I was the attacker in that case.

Also there is a none bug with fleets.  If I attack you with a fleet the fleets can not get into the NEWBIE ROE battle, but my BR will be the same as if I had them allowing your ships to enter until you match BR.  This is a none bug that folks have reported on.   I haven't tested that one out yet, but than again I tend to not bring fleets with me even in the Bahama's  but it's looking it's the only way to sail in that area with your US players doing nothing but fleeting.

Let me remind you again what it looked like out side of Morgan.  I keep saying 29+ cause you can't count all the ships and we know the towers sunk I think 2 players/AI's in your group.  

http://imgur.com/AHek3R7

To allow 29+ in a zone that is suppose to be Noob ROE than it's a broken system.

Edited by Sir Texas SIr