Game-Labs Forum

PVP 2 The battle of something for Morgons Bluff

JobaSet

of course if no attacker shows you should get the win.

But let's put this into perspective;

A nation cranks out hostility....normally a 2 day affair.

Then there is a 2 day wait for the scheduled port battle.

And this all can end within 5 minutes just because an enemy is sailing to the port yet had not reached it??

You do know this system just screams 'park your ships outside the harbor and log until the port battle' don't you?

Mustering a port battle fleet is no easy chore... Hell in GB there are only about 10 active hostility/fighting players.

So what happens is yes the port battle is scheduled for 2 days....

5-10 folks know about this and 3-7 can make it.

The rest of the nation is comfortably numb sailing 8 hours for fine Javanese balsa wood.

They are the ones responding....'where's the port batte'?? What ships? Etc etc.

Then the battle start flashes across the screen and another group wants in....

You get the picture.

Ending the battle within 5 minutes of its start just because the attackets haven't reached the port after literally a 4 day build up is anticlimactic.

Just my 2 cents.

So i should waste my time for more than 10 mins sitting at a port battle when I could be capping 1st rates I don't think so. Lol I already sailed there so now I have to waste more time.  Get over it.  You guys used the login and Join instantly So "no" again.  You can't join anything for 2 mins except port battles when you login or leave a battle how is this fair.  Its Not AGAIN GET OVER IT.  THE LAST PORT BATTLE YOU DID THAT, AND YOU TOOK IT.  GUESS WHAT WHEN WE DO IT TO YOU THEN YOU WILL COMPLAIN ABOUT THAT.  YET AGAIN GET OVER IT. This game is broke, we can all hope they will fix but at this rate not looking good.

Things That need to be fixed.

1.  Not being kick out of battle screen after so long. 

a: if you are at battle screen it kicks you to ow after 10 mins.  that is way long enough to get back up if you don't get it you should not have been out there by your self on a pvp server. 

b: log out in open world if you want to go to sleep.

2.  If you do a combat mission you get points (yea This works great)  but if you leave from running when PVP happens you still gain from NPC you killed and lose nothing (points wise) even tho you should.\

a:  if you are in a boat and leave (run from) a mission the other side should gain at min 1/2 up to 3/4 the points of what they would get if they sunk you.

3.  Logging out in front of port and coming back hours later and joining the port battle instantly.

a: you should have to wait 2 mins to join a battle just like everything else.

4. Should be a warning of port battles time about 1 hour before for you country.

a: bla bla port battle against bla bla starts in 1 hour, 45 min ,30 mins, 15 mins , 5 mins. 

5 Don't get me started on the Fine wood or the comp wood.

a: I would rather PVP

Edited by JobaSet
  • Like 1

DEVS HAVE STATED MANY TIMES IT'S A PIRATE REPUBLIC.....so well until we have pirate mechanics than why shouldn't we fight the same way Nations are allowed to?  We are testing the same game mechanics you are. In fact we are at a disadvantage cause we are at WAR WITH EVERY ONE.   We don't have the option of the two largest nations banning together like the US and BRITS have.   Even than we still took Brit down to one port.  How exactly do the two largest nations that have the largest population let one of them get taken down to one port?  Hell it wasn't even all the pirates it was mostly one clan with 15-20 active players on most nights filled in with a few other Pirates that they had to fight.   Did ya'll notice what happen a few weeks before the patch was suppose to be here and we stopped fighting?   Yep folks where able to take ports back.  

Honestly people have to stop with the notion at this time thinking Pirates "pirate."

Start treating the Pirate Nation in this game as a serious Nation, it's just ridiculous to assume pirates will be rogue, independent privateers. SOME players who play pirate privateer and play like a real pirate. The same as SOME nation players play like a real nation would. Change the mindset, Pirates in this game are a nation like any other choice in this game (currently).

• Like 1

Honestly people have to stop with the notion at this time thinking Pirates "pirate."

Start treating the Pirate Nation in this game as a serious Nation, it's just ridiculous to assume pirates will be rogue, independent privateers. SOME players who play pirate privateer and play like a real pirate. The same as SOME nation players play like a real nation would. Change the mindset, Pirates in this game are a nation like any other choice in this game (currently).

Excuse me. I pirate.

• Like 1

Lol !! It's a game dude. You sound like YOU need to 'get over it'. Lol.

Whatsa matter? Got bored waiting for us outside of Port au Prince??

The World Series is on dude ;)

And PS- the game is not broke.... It's Alpha. my comments are to help develop the game.

You are right it is a game, I don't cry when i get killed or lose a ship like most of you,  like today I sailed some of my 20 1st rates(alone btw) I have collected over the last few weeks today to a port to be crushed,(i should put them up on market but more fun to crush them or give them away to people that will use them) because I ran out of room. I have never built a 1st rate FYI, i do this once I start running out of room and no1 in clan needs them, about once a month. (I like the ingers and the Buckys better). but mate I never see them any more in open water, I wonder why that is lol.

Was not at the port au Prince battle mate.  But I did see the vid of everyone login and joining the port battle INSTANTLY.  To bad

PS when I die or get caped its in a gold ship.  I die 2 or 3 times a day sometimes but i normally kill or cap 20 to 30 a day.  Do I run o yea when odds are bad and I know i can get away.  Will I attack a 1st rate in a inger, lol timer already at 10 secs  

Edited by JobaSet

They are the ones responding....'where's the port batte'?? What ships? Etc etc.

Then the battle start flashes across the screen and another group wants in....

You get the picture.

Ending the battle within 5 minutes of its start just because the attackets haven't reached the port after literally a 4 day build up is anticlimactic.

Just my 2 cents.

Don't worry it's not just ya'll we get to her the, "WHERE IS THE BATTLE." All the time, at least now it's easier to look it up and there is a heads up.  Though folks seem to not want to look things up unless you hold there hands and walk them through it.  

The problem with Morgan is ya'll took to long to get to the Port.  You should of plan and got in there when the port battle flag dropped like ya'll did at Island Harbor.   I do agree the system is kinda all messed up and the AI crap is getting a little to insane when your dealing with that many players.  An OW battle should never be more than 25 any way, 29+ as that is all you can see on the screen means something is broken in the system.  I would really love if they go back to the system where if you have fleet on you, you can't even enter the PB (even though fleets can't get in).  That will cut down the abuse of using fleets to screen port battles.  Many of us don't bring fleets cause it becomes a cluster BUCK and can actually harm you in a fight.  Not to mention the crew hit if they get sunk and you get pulled into another battle right after it.

C'mon. I have seen the pirate's SOL gank squad at work. You wonder why no one will go near a pirate? It's because you never know how many pirates are actually there. Then you complain about game mechanics others used to defend themselves from your own gank squads whilst happily using whatever mechanics you can use to ambush others in force. I was on PVP2  just trying it out and actually starting to enjoy the challenge of rebuilding my financial and crafting position but this patch has done it for me. I can't even craft a frigate now.

I found your enormous gank squad both awe inspiring and also a PVP motivational killer. Your navy is bigger than the US navy and you wonder why they avoid you. Sorry, the sheer hypocrisy is just too much not to say something.   

the sad thing is there are really only like 4-6 of us on most of the time when "ganking" and even then its not really a gank so much as we find prey that isnt paying attention and then we eat said prey when they give us the chance. Just b.c we run around in 4th-2nd rates most of the time and bring out 5-6 1st at a time when needed doesnt mean we have the biggest navy just means we work together better and half of our first rates we have taken from stupid people that sail around by themselves just asking to get their ships taken

No, it has not been that way.  It used to be that once a flag was planted, we had 40 minutes to join the battle.  It didn't end just because no attackers entered immediately.  Your memory is not accurate.

sry cranky but it has been that way for a long time. If an attacking player doesnt get in before the 2min timer to leave ends then the def can leave and its game over for the attackers. This has been used by the US back when false flags were a common thing.

When sailing a second rate, I think running from a heap of first rates is good sound practice. Admit it, most of your fleet were SOL with plenty of first rates vs the US with a much more mixed fleet. Number of players alone does not paint the picture. 

You must also admit from your own description that pirates are acting more as a nation with huge fleets rather than the more traditional raiding pirate. What are you? Pirate or rogue state? Moreover when I went in there were few pirates left outside. I watched you mostly "blink out" of OW before I even entered the PB, allowing me straight entry. The US fleet gathered outside after the PB and sailed North. You guys reappeared and came up behind. 

What you can't get away from is you use all the available mechanics to promote ambush while whinging outrageously at any mechanics that protect ships near their own home waters. It's hypocrisy.

ok ill give you an example that has happened and proves that smaller ships when outnumbering bigger ships can win. We BLACK clan just did a port battle in 4th rates. on the way back we found 2 1st rates a 3rd rate and a trinc. instead of staying together and making a fight they ran from the 10 4th rates that we had. (and yes we had more numbers but yall had bigger ships) we then took the 2 first rates and the 3rd and trinc left them to die. This is how the pirates have gotten so big. when i moved from US to pirates i had 2 first rates and 2nd rates. In the 3 months or so that i have been with pirates i have capped 5 first rates and a number of 2nd and 3rds. EVERY time was b,c they were alone or would move way from all their other ships