Game-Labs Forum

Add Convert XP to Gold Button

Hey Devs. So, I reached Rear Admiral, but I am still getting XP from ships that I sold. When I redeem it just vanishes. So, simply put it is useless feature when you get to the top rank. So, to make things work please add convert XP to Gold Button. Also, let maxed out players keep collecting XP from regular missions and have option to convert it.

5Auq8PM.jpg

Discuss.  

• Like 7

I'm in a similar situation, but I don't need gold...  I would rather the XP stack and accumulate towards your next officer.  I am keeping all the redeemable now, and the list of them is growing - and it will be a chore in a few weeks time when I need to cash them out to go into 20-25 (or more) of them and redeem them...

As much as I see your point (OP), I don't support this idea.

The devs already have a problem, to drain the gold on the server (for example the 'taxes' on contracts are one way to drain a bit) because of the maxed out players.

These measures have to be taken in any MMO with a self supplying market system like NA, and it always makes the grind harder for low tier players and always bores the maxed out ones.

By all logics when comparing games to the real world, stuff should become cheaper the more powerful a player is.

-> exact the opposite as needed as a game mechanic.

And artificial game mechanics to circumvent these problems are always counter argued with 'this is unrealistic' and therefor not accepted.

I personally see the 'upkeep cost' solution as a good one, since the more powerful the individual player is the more upkeep he has which will drain the gold flow directly. But I already can imagine the outcry the NA community would give on that without even thinking the global reasoning and consequences through... 'it hurts me, ergo it must be bad and I hate it'. End of discussion reached. :(

So the gap between end game player and early to mid game increases more and more...

On the redeemable XP:

Save them ffs!

At some point your officer will be gone and replaced with a rookie. Vôilà -> redeemable XP are a bless then. ;)

(Boy I am glad that we can only 'like' in this forum and not dislike, already see the imaginary red thumbs explode now on my end...)

Edit:

Why is there a need in any MMO to drain the gold flow?

Ever heard of 'inflation'?

Have fun as a new player when all Vets are wealthy AF.

Edit #2:

Regarding the unused XP for rank 10 captains:

Payed out as labour hours? Actually an not thought through idea, but somehow like it already.

Edited by Ragor
  • Like 2

I like Wind's idea. Getting xp from sold ships is nice, but completely useless if maximum rank atm.

Edit:

deleted original post since it fueled by my emotions by another thread. yes, 'very mature' :(

sorry for my initial post.

_____

Yes, I totally see where you are coming from. But still there are the general issues of MMOs, see my post #2 of this thread.

For a maxed out account the XP are pointless with the current mechanics, but an XP->Gold would for sure please the rank 10 captains, but would harm the low tier players earlier than later.

Edited by Ragor

Boy, that was unnecessarily salty

I totally agree with you and want to apologize, edited therefor my original post.

Thanks for pointing it out in a civil way.

Edit:

I hope I take this as a reminder to not check other threads after I got unhappy by following some heated discussions.

Lesson taken.

Edited by Ragor

ive been max rank for a while, and what we dont need is more gold, i have tons of 1st rates, 2nd rates, outposts, lv3 shipyard... well i have everything i could possibly wish, on top of that millions and millions of gold. and you suggest what? that we should have even more gold? no, just no.. as someone said, upkeep for the ships, the more/bigger ships you have the more money it will drain. also we need some real goldsinks that we can put our fortune into, just expanding warehouse and buying outposts is not enough