Game-Labs Forum

What is your keyboard layout you use for sailing?

I'd like to know what keyboard layouts you are using for sailing your ship. Do you use the standard settings like WASD for steering or do you use individual keys for steering, turning yards etc.? Do you use maybe Macros for certain maneuvres?

Post your settings here. That may also help beginners to improve their ship handling :)

I'd like to know what keyboard layouts you are using for sailing your ship. Do you use the standard settings like WASD for steering or do you use individual keys for steering, turning yards etc.? Do you use maybe Macros for certain maneuvres?

Post your settings here. That may also help beginners to improve their ship handling :)

Most important thing for beginners to know is fixing the rudder and rigging by doubletapping. If you master the doubletapping with manual sails there are no marcos needed...

W, A, S, D for steering, extra mouse buttons for sails rotation, >< for autoskipper, E for depower, Q to lock top deck, F for fire mode.

I recommend the extra mouse buttons for sails, it's very comfortable !

Edited by Zooloo

Hmmm, wonder if it copes with proper 'rat slang :D

Have to convince Pagan to try it out for giggles.

I don't know what is "rat slang" (I am not native english speaker). I have around 160 commands. The most problem for me is to remind all commands I must to say. lol