Game-Labs Forum

When diplomacy & Alliance patch will hit

I post once more here a suggestion that I posted in another thread (but that - there - was rather off-topic)

The point is to allow people/clans that do not wish to comply with the future mechanics of diplomacy/alliance to do what they want, but to suffer directly in-game the consequences of their choice.

The result could be acheived in a rather simple way by means of adding a brand new box "rogue" near to the box "smuggler", with the following effects for the player:

A - when you have rogue flagenabled:

I) everyone (included members of your faction) can engage combat with you but you can engage combat only with the members of other factions or smugglers of your faction (so you cannot attack your same faction members, unless they are smugglers or if they do not attack you first, or you will go pirate as it happens now);

II) you cannot: 1) sail trader ships; 2) buy/sell anything from shops in other factions' ports; 3) place/claim trade orders in ports of other factions.

B - you cannot activate rogue and smuggler falg at the same time: only one of them may be active

C - you can activate/deactivate rogue only in free towns or in your own faction ports

what do you think about this possible solution?

Edited by victor

If so, rogue option should have a cooldown of let's say at least 30 days or so :P  Otherwise you could simply enable/disable this function and could attack everyone after enabling but can't be counter-attacked after disabling it.

If so, rogue option should have a cooldown of let's say at least 30 days or so :P  Otherwise you could simply enable/disable this function and could attack everyone after enabling but can't be counter-attacked after disabling it.

Yep, but if you attack allies you will be named as a rouge by your own faction and isolated. And that means that - whenever you switch on rogue flag - everybody in your faction (and in the allied factions) will feel free jump on you. Not an easy life.

Edited by victor

So are pirates going to have to now follow some stupid diplomacy thing that large super clans put in place ?

Ive not been able to find the link to how or who influences the diplomacy but as one of the few pirates who play like a pirate i already get enougb crap said to me for not waging some port battle war with nation bt does this mean now that im acually going to be FORCED to play as a national with a black flag ?

If so when are pirates going to get changed to real pirates? Any info would be great.

Yep, but if you attack allies you will be named as a rouge by your own faction and isolated. And that means that - whenever you switch on rogue flag - everybody in your faction (and in the allied factions) will feel free jump on you. Not an easy life.

That doesn't add up.  I believe exactly what you said in this quote here, so if it is true, then why in the world do you even need the "rogue" flag?  To follow your thought, you agree that you are already infamous if you resort to non-compliance with your nation.  Reading each point you listed at the outset, there is no difference between the proposed rogue flag and the smuggler flag, except that you have to sail a warship instead of a trader, and your tag will be different.  Am I missing something else?

That doesn't add up.  I believe exactly what you said in this quote here, so if it is true, then why in the world do you even need the "rogue" flag?  To follow your thought, you agree that you are already infamous if you resort to non-compliance with your nation.  Reading each point you listed at the outset, there is no difference between the proposed rogue flag and the smuggler flag, except that you have to sail a warship instead of a trader, and your tag will be different.  Am I missing something else?

I forgot to clarify that I assumed that the diplo patch will likely imply some in-game mechanics that prevents you from attacking allied nation players (they will show "green" for you). Thus this mechanic will not be affected by smuggler flag (since it's a flagging used for cross-nation trading) but it will be eliminated by rogue flag.

Edited by victor

I forgot to clarify that I assumed that the diplo patch will likely imply some in-game mechanics that prevents you from attacking allied nation players (they will show "green" for you). Thus this mechanic will not be affected by smuggler flag (since it's a flagging used for cross-nation trading) but it will be eliminated by rogue flag.

That would be a key difference justifying your suggestion.