Game-Labs Forum

Walk around on the ship at sea

It would be really cool if you could walk around on the ships at sea.  Maybe just on the main deck since there is nothing under the gun decks .. but it would be really cool .. and if an observer could walk around on your ship during battle that would sell people on the game. 

Might help soothe that need but if you press Home twice you can sort of walk around while being with the ship.

One press on Home is full free cam.

Well that does not work as good as going from the stern along the rudder and right mouse click and push up.   You slowly move into the ship clipping it and you can move the mouse up without a right click and position yourself on the deck.. but it moves a bit.  ok for taking pics but not like really being on the deck.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=710550218

You can do this with any ship up to the main mast..  If you do it from the bow you move too high. 

Edited by angriff

Well that does not work as good as going from the stern along the rudder and right mouse click and push up.   You slowly move into the ship clipping it and you can move the mouse up without a right click and position yourself on the deck.. but it moves a bit.  ok for taking pics but not like really being on the deck.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=710550218

You can do this with any ship up to the main mast..  If you do it from the bow you move too high. 

Well i think that would require Major programming since the Game hasn´t anything remotely similar to that.

Well i think that would require Major programming since the Game hasn´t anything remotely similar to that.

You might be surprised how easy to put a camera that does that.  That was the response I got in game 10 years ago to the same sort of suggestion.  It ended up in something the devs put in and expanded into a very interesting capability for taking players by sea to land.   Maybe marines and a start for onboard fights.

Just the observer part would be great for teaching people how to play the game and fight different ships.  It would allow people to observe the game and see how it can be really enjoyable. 

Off-topic but immersio camera related:

As I play mostly on the deck, the second mast cam must be tweaked. It is the second scroll Wheel FPS position and a better field of view but it has the nasty quirk of bouncing forward and backward a little after a few rotations.

Might not interest those who play drone view though and it wouldn't hurt them at all.

• Like 1