Game-Labs Forum

Fleet Mission Balancing

This was a Captain Mission that was overly unbalanced by ship type. The BR was off by at least another Connie (300) and a Cerb (110): 1160 vs 1470. Is it possible to get these Fleet Missions more balanced in BR and ship type based on the ship the player has? I'm not certain when the teams are "generated": either after Mission Pick or upon Battle Entry, but there really should be something done about the balancing. But only equalizing the BR will not help, as giving 40 cutters on one team will make no difference in outcome.

97zUc2L.jpg

After about 30 minutes I had 2 Essex, a Cerb, and a Renom facing just myself in our own little battle. This was fine to me as it kept these 4 away from the rest of my team. However, that was to no avail as it seemed the rest of my team could not handle 8 v 7. It seemed the ship difference was too great for my team.

3z4mL0z.jpg

45 minutes into battle...the obvious happened: me alone vs 10 (minus the one that finally sank after somehow miraculously recovering from 14 leaks in one broadside)
OiGkbhY.jpg

But then I ended up having to leave the battle anyway because 5 of the enemy were still unscathed after finishing off the rest of my team. Final result being only 3 kills, 1 assist, 78 leaks (only 1 sunk) and gained 700+ XP and a grey fireship fitting. (i think the game was telling me I should've blown up to even the odds...lol)

psph2uT.jpg

All I suggest is some balancing in these Fleet Missions, or perhaps we simply are required to have live players with us?...which is indeed more fun, but not everyone is available to do these.

Edited by Cpt Blackthorne
  • Like 1

As British Admiral the Earl of Torrington said, it is perfectly acceptable to avoid battle against a superior enemy. :P

I think this should be somehow implemented. I see no advantages in Gameplay or whatsoever by having to go through 2 or 3 Missions to find a playable one. As i´ve seen it, the matchmaker likes to put quiet an advantage of Br to the enemy if you´re alone and in a slightly bigger or bigger ship then intended for the mission rank.

• Like 1

Well, we all know that Flag Cpt Missions are completely f'ed up still, so someone suggested doing Commodore Fleet Missions. Whelp...More complete BS...BR 1500 vs 2200...and I'm stuck with paper Ingermanlands. This is absolutely ridiculous and ppl will quit this game feature just as they've quite other game features and will only PvP gank with way outnumbered forces.

FZbLIRZ.png

Within 20 minutes, guess who sank..of course...2 of them

wQbogZT.jpg

And final results after 35 minutes....yep, you guessed it. Absolutely ridiculous seeing a Rear Admiral in an Inger bouncing left and right into the wind and reversing and changing angle and dipping into the waves and always with the most perfect shot penetrating almost 80% of his shots at the most impossible angles.

INYyZNY.jpg

I give up on solo Fleet Missions...your team Ai are just absolutely asinine retards. Sure 2 of my AI got kills, but ONLY because it was 4 on 2 as I was facing the other 3 (2 Inger and 3rd) all by my lonesome...again. I really hate game devs who try to make games hard by only WAY out-numbering you or WAY out-gunning you and adding impossible capabilities to the enemy.

Suggestions...

Base the AI skill on their rank

Equalize the AI BR for both teams

Base the AI ships relatively equal to player ship

Match this to the Mission Ranks

Maybe even change the number of ships in the Fleet Missions by its rank...say 2 ships for Midshipman, 3 for Junior...etc

But for God's sake, make then winnable when running solo!

Edited by Cpt Blackthorne