Game-Labs Forum

BROKEN IGNORE (Was: Fog of War)

When is it foggy on Open World in relation to battles.  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Broken

• Broken
    • Broken
  2. 2. Should we have fog on every Battle location?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Should we have fog on every Battlescreen / Post-battle location?

• Yes
    • No

[edit] I broke the questionnaire. I need to redo this topic. Please hold your votes.

How about having (dense) fog where people are on their battlescreen?

Coming out of http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14485-hiding-in-battle-screens-solved/?p=271155 and http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14485-hiding-in-battle-screens-solved/?p=271532.

Somebody who is in a battlescreen can get an outside view via external means. (Calling in a scout.)

Somebody sailing on Open World can not get an inside view of the battlescreen with any means.

So, the balance is broken.

For enticing people to come out (from the battlescreen) and play, I amended http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14627-where-is-the-action. This, however, does not address the above statements.

It does not need to be exactly centered on the battle, nor does it need to replace existing fog banks.

It can work in addition to the red dots or on its own.

Ships will no longer magically appear on Open World, but turn up through the fog. Yes, it might be extremely close, but then again you sailed into a fog bank. You have been warned that you are taking a potential risk.

People will just have to sit on the tip of their chairs sailing through fog. :evilgrin:

(We might need to add a 30 second timer for mandatory sitting in battlescreen, so the fog bank can come up.)

Likewise the anti-gank will have a hard time as it'll need to be coordinated while the fog slowly lifts.

[edit] June 14th 2016, changed the poll to allow for negative choices.

Edited by Skully

I have not been attacked once since the 180 second timer was added so invis or battle screen camping jerks cant gank.

In fact ive not even seen an enemy warship since then , just some trade ships. All the guys who used to use the tactic you describe now just sail free cutters to some outpost then teleport up there for port battles and then you will see a large group of ships heading to battle.

On pvp2 the timer for battle join seemed to eliminate all ganking and well all ships on the sea lol but still better than 15 ships ganking you ever single battle.

• Like 1

I consider this topic not about removing the existing mechanic of Random fog, but rather about adding more in relation to battles.

But yes, there were no negative choices, so I fixed that. (It broke the first question though, because existing votes stayed in.)