Game-Labs Forum

Outpost to Outpost deliveries should be available

I just don't understand why it is possible to have deliveries between freeports (Across map) ... but not between your own Established outposts, including capitals? Are the navigational charts too difficult to read? Are there bounties on the merchants that prevent them from entering a Nations ports? Are the union dock-workers likely to riot if they enter port?

As a raider.. I adore this current set up. I set up an outpost at a Freeport near my enemies back area.. and when they go to take those materials to their respective end destination (themselves) ...then, I jump them.

Forget that they not only own that port, but more than likely the National port they are going to as well,.. who cares, right? I mean no countryman will deliver his own countrymans' goods to one of his own nations ports! Gesssh, I mean.. what would the world come to if that were to happen?

Now if there was an established trading zone (like not outside 600nm or only within so many ports of the capital)  that prevented those endeavors otherwise .. I can see that. BUT if I wanted to send my wares from 1 port to another port, 3 towns away from its current location... and I own both ... then I really don't see why it shouldnt be an option.

As a raider.. I adore this current set up. I set up an outpost at a Freeport near my enemies back area.. and when they go to take those materials to their respective end destination (themselves) ...then, I jump them.

That's the whole point. With outpost to outpost delivery, no goods would ever need to touch the open sea.

• Like 3

That's the whole point. With outpost to outpost delivery, no goods would ever need to touch the open sea.

That is why ALL goods being so transferred should be on the Open World AI or at least partly so... ie you send 1000 tons of cargo from X to Y.... and it will take 8 hours in game to arrive... the system can track the number of traders traveling that general route in that time... and adjust what doesn't make it based on the % of ships that fail to complete the run. In return the loot that fails to arrive is added to the possible loot in AI traders in the area... 

This will make it not a sure thing.... it will also give people a reason to join a attack on AI traders of their nation. They might be saving their own cargo....