Game-Labs Forum

Avoiding spies in nation chat

Hi all, i want to be very very TL;DR:

Actually you can switch persona (British to French and back to British for example) in few seconds. This allows players to spy other nations chats. What about setting a timer (30 minutes?) before you can change character? Simple rules:

-The timer starts when you log off from your actual character (example: 30 min)

-The timer stops when you quit the game, so quitting and executing the game again won't work as an exploit (example: you quit at 29 min remaining, when you start the game, your characters are still blocked for 29 min, excluding the last one that you were playing with)

-To make the feature less frustrating, supposing that players might play a day for a nation and another day for another one, if more than X hours pass by from your last play, then the timer is reduced (example: after 5 hours log out, it is only 15 min)

Just that. What do you think about it?

Hi all, i want to be very very TL;DR:

Actually you can switch persona (British to French and back to British for example) in few seconds. This allows players to spy other nations chats. What about setting a timer (30 minutes?) before you can change character? Simple rules:

-The timer starts when you log off from your actual character (example: 30 min)

-The timer stops when you quit the game, so quitting and executing the game again won't work as an exploit (example: you quit at 29 min remaining, when you start the game, your characters are still blocked for 29 min, excluding the last one that you were playing with)

-To make the feature less frustrating, supposing that players might play a day for a nation and another day for another one, if more than X hours pass by from your last play, then the timer is reduced (example: after 5 hours log out, it is only 15 min)

Just that. What do you think about it?

I believe we all voted for only one character per server? This by itself helps to prevent spies. However, it does nothing against those who have paid for multiple accounts...

Spies typically dont come from the same account.

Players bought multiple copies and created multiple steam accounts to have more players in more nations.

Most players use their accounts for econ but there are plenty who use them as spy.

Nobody is changing their main char over and over again. Its just too much stuff to handle for a quick peek into enemy chats.

I would not want to rebuild all my eco because I wanted to get a little information which is leaked anyways.

Would've been resolved somewhat if we could just get proper chat channels already to at least make it take some more effort.

we love spy s in the chat 

we always send them in  the wrong direction  :P

but (also)you can see when you are attacked by a nation  :ph34r: (that the NA program is a spy on its own  :wacko:  )

it tells you what the enemy is going to do , and i don not hear anybody complaining about that 

so i dont mind some spying in the chat...(you should not give away your fighting /trade plans )

the only thing that is bodering me is the big black box blocking my view (when the NA spy tells me something)  :angry:

i do believe that spys in your clan, are a far more bigger problem then the spy in nation  chat  :o

o7

Edited by Thonys