Game-Labs Forum

Crafting together

Since labor hours are allways short and never come fast enough im wondering is or can there be a plan for people in same clan and port to work together ? Like they can click build connie and then invite so and so so clans can work together to make large ships or orders and share a join labor pool. More realistic too.

Edited by Mrdoomed

Many do work together. And now with the clan warehouse, it may be easier.

I agree.

The clan that I am in does this.  Clan shipbuilders regularly ask online clan members if they have crafting hours available.  Those members that are available and in the port where the resources are can elect to assist by crafting resources into materials.  This however necessitates their agreeing to do so, and them being in the port that materials are being crafted in.  

If the player is off doing something else at the time (PVP, fighting a port battle, on a resource gathering or trading run) then they cannot physically be there at the place the crafting is to be done.  

If your clan members are not available or even online, then I do not think that their labor hours should be able to flow into some sort of virtual labor pool pot.

So I do not think that clan shipbuilders should be able to tap into a  joint "virtual" labor hours pool.  

The current game mechanics allow this sort of 'cooperative' building to be done, but require coordination to do so (as it is/was in real life).  

Contributing materials crafters can currently use their labor hours to build those materials and then place them into the clan warehouse for later use by shipbuilders.

A clan can make the effort to coordinate this should it chose to do so.  

If it does not work to do so, then I do not see that they should be able to take advantage of some sort of joint virtual labor pool. 

Edited by Chijohnaok