Game-Labs Forum

AI taking control of ship in the event of a DC

I am sorry if this has already been suggested and this is a duplicate but could we please have a feature where the AI takes control of a ship when you disconnect from a battle, with the potential for an extra feature of setting an option to try and get the ship to either fight or flight from the battle?

Personally I have worked very hard to get where I am on NA right now and what I fear most isnt the enemy ships its a brief loss of connection for that tiny window of 5 minutes and one second, leaving you the potential to lose so so much when you are in a first rate. even when you are in a lower tier ship losing a dura can have a huge affect on the value or feel to a ship and losing it for a disconnect is just cruel, especially with the slight stability issue the servers seem to be having right now, personally I sometimes gage points of time where I feel condemned to the chat rather than actually playing due to disconnecting 5 or 6 times in the space of half an hour.

The benefit of having an AI take control means that you still maintain that cut off point where a player cannot just pull the plug to save their ship in a losing battle but gives people who are genuinely subjected to issues but still give you that important safety net for the pool of resources you worked so hard to achieve.

Please consider this proposal, thank you for reading.

Edited by Fluffy Fishy
  • Like 1

yes.. i cant play anymore with 1rate bcs im afraind not enemy ( you earn enjoyment even if you lose in a risky mission and its fine)

so i was plalying a M&C or even lower level mission to garantee that i wa snot at risky even if the server put me still there ( maybe was better if it keep its movement (theres a reason for the name "dead slow"))

BUt was not the case..

its NONSENSE  the game - server Set a ship as KILLED, and to lose all, in 5 minutes ? WHT IS THAT ? 10 minutes ? 15 minutes whathever.   it need to get killed INBATTLE. . NEVER by the server as a defalt result.

IF theres will be players disconecting to survive ? NO.. the battle going on is already a reason to not do that . im fine with the ship staying there with clan members and if lost its lost. ook. maybe if it just continue its movement? instead of being still ?  dont know... 

what i know is.. :  ITS INSANE to think that IF you were alone, the server kills you and the battle.  even if you was going to Survive.

how can a game kill its players and clients by timeout ?

or the battle continues until the players really die INBATTLE... or it freezes it after 10 -20 mins,  so when the player come back  can continue.,

Why the server will penalise a single player  ?

its there another player... the battle continued right ? ad i was alive..  so why the deves killed my ship ?:

i not have this disconection issues as fluffly mention,, its 1 time in 2 days.. kite stable in here..

but ocurred a blackout of energy. very rare thing...   i was really surprised that in  so low time a snow or a cervebus.. can kil l a victory ?: no.. cant.. especially after this last updade...  no they cant... the server close the game and kill you by defalt.

lost resorses of server to keep it ok ? alright.. then freezes it. dont let player go off and safe by disconection - fair.  but the solution is not a 5-10mins timeout tha tkill the player ! ! FOR GOD !

IM afraid to play is that the intention ?

if my dog eat a cable ?

if windows updates auto restart my pc !? its about 5-15 mins !!!  not turn on-off with about 15-30seconds...    the game will kill me everytime  ?  the awsver is: YES. the devs set you as killed if you dont come back in 5-10 mins on a single mission.

If you enter with a victory to s SINGLE MIDSHIPMAN mission,  and  have a blaclout of energy bcs energy company with no advice  eestarted to fix a line for 10 minutes... you will DIE. will lose a victory to a npc cutter !

this is right ???

SUre its not.. it not exeists in ANY GAME. no where, ever !!

SO please...  if not make npc on control ( that can make peopel tell that was the npc who killed it in battle moving inside the enemy for example) so .ok .. stay that way still, or keep movement.. !

BUT NEVER kill the player by timeout.  freezee its battle,  but keep battle until died and freeze it after 20 30 mins..  ( will be time enought to get killed - but killed in  fair way. -> not set as killed by defalt by devs and server.)

Please god no, the last thing I want to have happen is come back from a short disconnect or a game crash and find that the AI has rammed my bowsprit off and stuck me in irons, ceding the enemy the weather gauge. Just remove the timer that insta-kills you, me thinks.

Please god no, the last thing I want to have happen is come back from a short disconnect or a game crash and find that the AI has rammed my bowsprit off and stuck me in irons, ceding the enemy the weather gauge. Just remove the timer that insta-kills you, me thinks.

The AI really isn't that bad, it does some odd things but its not that stupid.

The AI really isn't that bad, it does some odd things but its not that stupid.

No, it very much is. I've lost count of the number of times the AI has rammed me or turned infront of me, causing me to ram them.

You should read the posts regarding ramming leaks from the last major patch. There were a lot of people complaining because they went into a fleet order, were rammed by friendly ships and then sank as a result of the (now fixed) excessive leaks.

Also the AI has a tendency to want to fight facing into the wind. I recall some of my clan members getting very angry when we were hunting a Connie in some smaller ships because he just kept. sailing. straight. into. the wind. This meant we couldn't get into a favorable position on him, which frustrated us to no end.

Edited by EricKilla

No, it very much is. I've lost count of the number of times the AI has rammed me or turned infront of me, causing me to ram them.

You should read the posts regarding ramming leaks from the last major patch. There were a lot of people complaining because they went into a fleet order, were rammed by friendly ships and then sank as a result of the (now fixed) excessive leaks.

Also the AI has a tendency to want to fight facing into the wind. I recall some of my clan members getting very angry when we were hunting a Connie in some smaller ships because he just kept. sailing. straight. into. the wind. This meant we couldn't get into a favorable position on him, which frustrated us to no end.

I didnt get rammed in like my last 10 Fleet orders. You exagerate.

And also: A lot of People complain about stuff in these forums. Even stuff that isnt really a problem, but they dont know how to handle it. In case of Ramming, its mostly the lack of situational awareness.

I play on PVE, so I would suggest that it's likely that I have seen more AI than most, It does occasionally do silly things, especially when there is a big mix of ship sizes but its really much better than it was a month or two ago. The reason I picked the AI taking control of a ship was because it strikes a much better chance than just becoming inactive. I would much prefer the very rare chance of the AI crashing into something than my ship just being a sitting duck for a few minutes, if your ship is sitting still for 5-10 minutes as you fix your connection you will likely receive more damage than from being rammed, or ramming anyway.

The way I see my suggestion being implemented is so that if you lose connection the AI takes control, you have the setting to either fight or flight which is decided in an option screen and then the AI takes that action. You should gain no experience or money for the damage the AI does, mainly to stop AFK levelling or combat gold farming. The system is purely to give you a safety net for both ends, The current servers sadly aren't the best at maintaining a stable connection and people are always subjected to things like ISP outages or power cuts, it just needs to be a simple something to at least give some chance of not immediately losing a huge asset from only 301 seconds downtime.

Perhaps to please people like erickiller we should give a 3rd option to just have the ship wait for you, not doing anything but just not letting the AI do anything with your ship.

On a side note, something I feel bad about but feel the need to show honesty is that I have tried to report a hand full of bugs in battle but every time when the report sends I disconnect, it leaves me with a very low incentive to actually report in battle bugs properly because of the risk involved with connection, I would feel much happier reporting a bug if I knew the risk of losing my ships should i struggle to regain the connection wasnt so high.