Game-Labs Forum

make Naval Action more alive?

Right now i think this game is pretty dead, and i understand that its still in early development. Just as an suggestion: look at for instance World of Warships, the sound and effects in that game is in my opinion amazing. I would have liked to see this in Naval Action as well. For instance you can add an advicer, giving advices(like in the Total war series) for beginners, and add a person in the background giving information like in other games. For example: "enemy 3rd rate sunk!" or "sails spotted to the west(Open World). Adding voices like this would make the game much more alive and easier and more fun for beginners as well. Talking about beginners: maybe its an idea if they enter a combat when they start the game the first time, where an advisor(talking and text) shows the combat system and cotrol of the ship. This combat should be ENTERTAINING for them, like a big battle with burning ships and explotion, showing the best sides of the game and give them a good first impression( here they should sail a Frigate or something, as the 7th rates is not as entertaining for beginners). So my suggestion is: make the game more alive by adding more sound effects and voices helping you and giving you advices.

Yes, a tutorial is not necessary now, but will be when the game starts officially. Sometimes I miss a full docu too, but hey, it's still alpha.

But the dying number of players might be a sign that the game consumes too much time. Weaken the grinding aspects, strengthen the skills aspects and I bet we will soon see more and more players coming back. Hopefully.

I'm very busy at the moment admittedly, but I haven't played in at least a couple weeks for this reason. Basically there's just too little joy to it; details in the environment, about your ship, etc. I'd like, for instance, to feel more like I'm aboard the ship rather than the ship.

Beating and getting beaten by strangers is a bit taxing without the 1,000 little things that make your day interesting.