Game-Labs Forum

PVP 1 HerrFriedrich surrender exploits at last moment to deny rewards

After a 15 minute open world PVP fight, we had him down to this, and he was sinking. Then his sails went up:

Pl3f5hy.png

Shortly after, battle was over, but we were not awarded kill / assist.

2F04x9W.png

Therefore we've been robbed of more than half of the reward for this battle. I got only 9k gold for the damage, a kill on a frigate is worth 17k.

This is clearly done out of malice at this point to deny opponents the reward they've earned, and thus PVP now rewards less, not more than PVE (A Frigate in PVE is worth ~ 12k gold from damage + kill).

This is by far not the only time this has happened today, this is becoming more and more widespread. Please either fix this or start punishing players for doing this, as it greatly diminishes the fun of PVP, as when you finally won, instead of being happy, you're getting anxious whether your opponent will cheat you out of your reward with an exploit or accept sinking like a honorable captain.

• Like 1

I did the same once. Got jumped by three pirate frigates and when they hat demasted me I surrendered. I didn't even know that this took away the price money for them. It is clearly a problem in the game mechanic. I left, because for me it didn't make sense to keep fighting, not to deny them price money.