Game-Labs Forum

Multiple targets in inner circle ... can we please?

ok, I was wondering if it were possible to (in a future update) make it so  if you targeted a trader, and another trader just happened to be riding so close to the original target that it was in the combat (inner) circle after initiation .. could it be added to the battle as well? Say a 2 for 1 opportunity!

Ex: I initiated a battle last night with a Trader Cutter ... however it was sailing right next to another Trader Cutter. So close that they both were in the INNER combat circle when the timer zero'd. BUT when the battle started, the only ships in battle were me and the initial target.  

It seems weird that if I can drag multiple fleets into a battle by simply tagging a target and they just happen to be in the OUTER circle they are now dragged into battle. But if I tag a Merchant, and MUTLIPLE merchants are in the OUTER AND THE INNER circle, they will not, be dragged into the combat.

Was this intended? Can the opportunity be allowed? I would love to send my cutters (fleet) after additional targets, while I handle the first ones.

yeah , sure some MIGHT escape ... but who is to say they might not! ;)

Cheers,

-Yank

This has already happened to me, so I'm guessing it's in the game already.  I targeted a Traders Brig with contraband, and there was another one right next to it.  To my surprise (<---- there is a pun intended here because I was sailing a Surprise  :)  ) when I entered the battle both ships were in it and both of them ran.  I got between both ships since they have no side cannons and took both down.  It was definitely a sweet surprise, but I'm not sure what the requirements are for getting both of them in the battle.

• Like 1

It was definitely a sweet surprise, but I'm not sure what the requirements are for getting both of them in the battle.

When you engage a ship on the OW it will draw in any ships in the circle that are of the same nation as you and the enemy ship. 

EG: 

You are British. You engage a Pirate.

All the British and Pirate players within the circle will get drawn into your fight. 

If there is a French player inside the circle he will not get drawn into the fight. 

When you engage a ship on the OW it will draw in any ships in the circle that are of the same nation as you and the enemy ship. 

EG: 

You are British. You engage a Pirate.

All the British and Pirate players within the circle will get drawn into your fight. 

If there is a French player inside the circle he will not get drawn into the fight. 

Ah-ha! .. Schweet!!!!... Thanks!

I did not pay attention to the nationalities of the boats that were present.. only that they were BOTH carrying Contraband. But if the Nationality is the key .. at least I will be better prepared if there is another opportunity!@

Edited by yankyaeger

Yes, in theory.  But that does not seem to be consistent with contraband runners, which is the point of the OP question.

Let me give an example with a contraband ship then. :) 

A ship carrying contraband is a "Pirate". No matter which nation it says the ship belongs to it is viewed as a Pirate ship. 

So. EG: 

You are British, you engage a French ship carrying Contraband (A pirate). 

All British and Pirate ships inside the circle will get drawn into your fight. 

If there is a French ship, that isn't carrying contraband, inside the circle, it will not get drawn into your fight. 

Edit; Atleast this is how it worked the last time i was in such a situation. 

I agree with you, as I said above they both got drawn in.  That's the only time two have been pulled in for me, in dozens if not more contraband traders when I know that multiples have been in the circle many times.  Just sayin, only once.  That's why I said in theory, and I agree with the way it works.

Thinking back on this... I have initiated combat with multiple traders present in the larger circle, and they were of different Nationalities (Great Britain, France, US -- seem to be the more abundant) .. but if I tag French ... and the other 2 are present ... they are NOT drawn in. Expansion on this scenario:

French (T Brig) - Contraband --- original target (inside little circle)

US (T Snow) - Contraband -- ends up inside little circle

GB (T Brig) - Contraband --- outside little circle, but inside larger circle

GB (T Cutter) - Contraband --- just inside the outer circle

GB (Mercury) - inside outer  circle

*Only the French T Brig shows up in the battle

I did made the mistake (ONCE) .. of tagging a British trader, in the presence (unknowingly at the time.. just not paying attention) of a freaking HUGE British fleet. Yeah I was a bit freaked out to see not only the trader Brig show up .. but also his BIGGER brothers (Belle Poule, Constitution, Frigate, Surprise..etc...) ... Needless to say ... "I let him go! - post haste!"... lol

Edited by yankyaeger

Thinking back on this... I have initiated combat with multiple traders present in the larger circle, and they were of different Nationalities (Great Britain, France, US -- seem to be the more abundant) .. but if I tag French ... and the other 2 are present ... they are NOT drawn in.

Thank you for noting it, that's what I was trying to say albeit poorly.  The instance I got a 2-for-1 deal in the tag might have been a dual French tag, or another faction.  But when it's not contraband runners it would work the same as the normal tag.  (BTW, I also made the same mistake you did unwittingly pulling in an unfriendly fleet.  Makes for a thrill; and then you get a shot off and run. :)  )

• Like 1