Game-Labs Forum

Harbour Master Mechanic:

I sight the above documentary that this could really happen in the age of sail  :P

But seriously, my suggestion is introducing some sort of Harbour Master Mechanic. Where by you have a bunch of options all costing large amounts of gold.

1st Suggestion:

Harbour Master ship delivery system - Similar to how you can deliver goods atm. You pay a sum of money, in this case a large sum of money & you can have a ship sailed / delivered to one of your ports after a certain amount of time.

Of course the gold cost as well as the time to have a ship delivered should be increased greatly from the resource delivery system we have in place right now.

2nd Suggestion:

Harbour Master pay-off system / Obtain intel - Again costing a large sum of gold you can obtain intel from the Harbour Master. Ships that have docked & left port in the past 2-3 hours. Groups operating around the area. Maybe even last known positions of enemy players within a given radius of the port you are in.

Its a big ocean out there... A little bit of intel might help people find fights. 

3rd Suggestion:

Harbour Master pay-off system / Hide my intel - An opposite system to the above. You pay to keep your details off the books...

Am just spit-balling here but my aim is a money sink as well as a way to increase OW engagements. Which to me is win / win.

Am not saying they are perfect but will see what others think and maybe come up with better suggestions.

• Like 4

I sight the above documentary that this could really happen in the age of sail 

Bloody brilliant.

1st Suggestion:

Harbour Master ship delivery system - Similar to how you can deliver goods atm. You pay a sum of money, in this case a large sum of money & you can have a ship sailed / delivered to one of your ports after a certain amount of time.

Of course the gold cost as well as the time to have a ship delivered should be increased greatly from the resource delivery system we have in place right now.

I don't think the HM has that type of jurisdiction or power. At most he can simply have a ship not chartered/logged towed away and/or scuttled. Maybe. Sending a captured ship to a port is already a stretch (it really should be personally towed), and I don't like the idea of a HM picking some random lubber of the docks to sail my lovely ship to me, only to abandon her at the first sight of trouble.

2nd Suggestion:

Harbour Master pay-off system / Obtain intel - Again costing a large sum of gold you can obtain intel from the Harbour Master. Ships that have docked & left port in the past 2-3 hours. Groups operating around the area. Maybe even last known positions of enemy players within a given radius of the port you are in- If they have recently docked there.

I wouldn't think the HM as the person to go for gossip. Ship logs of who has recently visited the port yes, but not operating routes. That, I think, is something the Barkeep has more information on stuff like that. What with all the lips loosened by his lovely drinks.

As for # 3, just have it exactly like is shown in the clip: pay extra and the HM puts down a fake name.

• Like 1

I don't think the HM has that type of jurisdiction or power. At most he can simply have a ship not chartered/logged towed away and/or scuttled. Maybe. Sending a captured ship to a port is already a stretch (it really should be personally towed), and I don't like the idea of a HM picking some random lubber of the docks to sail my lovely ship to me, only to abandon her at the first sight of trouble.

I wouldn't think the HM as the person to go for gossip. Ship logs of who has recently visited the port yes, but not operating routes. That, I think, is something the Barkeep has more information on stuff like that. What with all the lips loosened by his lovely drinks.

As for # 3, just have it exactly like is shown in the clip: pay extra and the HM puts down a fake name.

I hear what your saying about 1st Suggestion. Taking the real world circumstances out for a second.

The goal was to make it easier for fleets of ships to be moved to a particular position on the map for an attack or defence, in the future.

I know its highly unlikely but to be able to move lots of people without hours of sailing from hot spot to hot spot could be useful. Especially for players that don't always have many hours time to spend in game. And the cost of moving something as large as a ship would be substantial as well as the time it takes to have it delivered at the other end.

--------------

The Barkeep suggestion is awesome. Never considered a different NPC title for certain port elements. Makes a lot more sense...

--------------

Fake name and maybe even fake heading. Expanding upon the idea is a good thing.

• 5 weeks later...