Game-Labs Forum

CLAN leader absentee auto allow delegation of role please.

People burn out, become sick or just decide the game is no longer for them etc. In these cases other games have an auto delegation coding which allows the next in line to take up the role (perhaps until the leader does rejoin and then their would be two leaders like SPARTA! :P

Is it possible to add some sort of voting system for clan leader by the active members if and when the clan starter dissappears for long periods... say a month.

Can we also get the ability to delegate things such as promoting officers in detail rather than just having 1 person of potential hundreds able to do this.

Even to the point of appointing sub squadron leaders and having them recognised in the clan list as such... maybe even by time zone.

• Like 5

The clan leader could pass on leadership, but if he disappears the only recourse ATM might be to dissolve and reorganize the clan after a community discussion in chat or TS.  But for larger clans, it is most unlikely that everyone could participate in such a discussion.  In those cases, the clan might actually have to dissolve on its own, or else maybe that would be the occasion for an automatic passing of the baton.  Perhaps the clan leader could receive an email to inform them they have 5 days to log on and do that himself or else to reassert himself?

Seems like a tricky situation to me, but it's good to discuss options since it appears we don't have many.

The clan leader could pass on leadership, but if he disappears the only recourse ATM might be to dissolve and reorganize the clan after a community discussion in chat or TS.  But for larger clans, it is most unlikely that everyone could participate in such a discussion.  In those cases, the clan might actually have to dissolve on its own, or else maybe that would be the occasion for an automatic passing of the baton.  Perhaps the clan leader could receive an email to inform them they have 5 days to log on and do that himself or else to reassert himself?

Seems like a tricky situation to me, but it's good to discuss options since it appears we don't have many.

If a clan leader isn't responsible enough to ensure that his position will be filled in the case of his absence, I think a complete reorganization of that clan is necessary. My issue with auto-delegation comes from the fact that it's often abused and needlessly causes drama within a clan when someone gets the title of prestige and then goes bonkers with it for selfish reasons.

• Like 1

If a clan leader isn't responsible enough to ensure that his position will be filled in the case of his absence, I think a complete reorganization of that clan is necessary. My issue with auto-delegation comes from the fact that it's often abused and needlessly causes drama within a clan when someone gets the title of prestige and then goes bonkers with it for selfish reasons.

You hate to see that happen, but unfortunately I guess such is the nature of MMOW gaming, and also national politics (...we won't go there).  So for AUTO that's a good point.  Maybe the game should force the leader who constructs a clan to create his own exit strategy, and then anyone who joins the clan be required to agree to it.  At least something would be established no matter how rigid or flexible it is?