Game-Labs Forum

Blue Screen Of...nothingness

Lord Breetai

All I get is a blue screen. I cannot seem to understand why I cant see anything. My computer is MORE than capable of handling it. But it looks identical whether its on Low or Ultra. No change at all. Also no difference If I start the game on x86 or not. I would HATE to have to request a refund based on that the game has no visuals. Ive got friends getting ahead of me :(

Thank you

post-22615-0-66824500-1461619169_thumb.png

post-22615-0-46079000-1461619174_thumb.png

Captain, the current User Interface is a placeholder. It will be completly reworked once core game features are done. To start a Open World Sail, press on green button "Sail", there you will see beautiful visuals

• Like 1

The post does make an excellent  point. He is new to the game and what is the first thing he see's...a screen whose graphics could have been rendered four decades ago. This is not a good first impression. People payed $40.00 for this game, they (like myself) should and do expect a more sophisticated welcome.

The post does make an excellent  point. He is new to the game and what is the first thing he see's...a screen whose graphics could have been rendered four decades ago. This is not a good first impression. People payed $40.00 for this game, they (like myself) should and do expect a more sophisticated welcome.

You probably have read the steam page before buying. Steam page warns about the UI and the bugs. 

qui locutus est paratum

praemonitus praemunitus

You probably have read the steam page before buying. Steam page warns about the UI and the bugs. 

qui locutus est paratum

praemonitus praemunitus

Very sorry, but first impressions are important. I have played many Alfa games and not one has opened with such banality. How difficult would it be to place a textured background and a distinctive font? At least temporarily till you finalize it.

• Like 1

Very sorry, but first impressions are important. I have played many Alfa games and not one has opened with such banality. How difficult would it be to place a textured background and a distinctive font? At least temporarily till you finalize it.

Personally, I would much prefer a much more developed game for what it is actually intended, than a game that has a pretty UI/menu system but no real content. You're playing an early access game that is extremely well developed and intricate, and you complain about the UI not being pretty enough. Seriously?

Personally, I would much prefer a much more developed game for what it is actually intended, than a game that has a pretty UI/menu system but no real content. You're playing an early access game that is extremely well developed and intricate, and you complain about the UI not being pretty enough. Seriously?

How about this...try and imagine a less attractive UI/Menu. Now imagine the insignificant amount of time it would take to go from what it looks like currently, (virtually the worst UI/Menu of any game I have ever played in over 40 years) to something better. It's just good business. Even if you are a "work in progress"...don't advertise it by placing your garbage dumpsters blocking the front door.

• Like 1