Game-Labs Forum

[suggestion][Economy&Trade] - international trade & cargo shipments

Opening way to the War & Peace development and given my altruistic nature I have been thinking a lot on the pains and aches of our fellow trader and crafters.

So I propose we all discuss the following and even add one or more points:

1. Enable the Delivery system to ALL outposts.

Not only between Free Ports as we have now. The base fee is high enough to warrant this plus the tonnage fee adds even more to this. Plus the time it takes to deliver cargo is quite a balancer.

This enables more goods to be moved about without resorting to further teleport mechanics ( except for diabling all cargo from teleport ).

2. Open ports to all traders from all Nations. Pirates excluded.

This is a highly controversial one for sure but it could be tested before the War&Peace comes into play.

Traders not from that nation cannot place contracts nor build any structures of course. They can only sell and buy ONLY all types of resources and manufactured goods. Ships and Upgrades not included, nor can they be sold. Prices for foreigners shall always be the listed times 1.5 and never above 250 tons ( not units ) per species - meaning 250 tons of coal, 250 tons of wine, etc - never above 250 TONS per item type.

When War&Peace diplomacy comes in this sytem can be tuned to enable allies only.

2. I would say:

- Allow purchase of Right of Passage that - if carried on a trader - allows you invulnerability from players of said (neutral / friendly) nation for X in-game days

- Allow purchase of Trade Rights (Buy/Sell/Both) of different magnitude that allow what you described in friendly / neutral ports.

- Tie all of this to diplomacy in the future, so that different pacts allowing different types of rights (and changing their strength / length)

For future - tie the rights strength to the amount of international trade, as in - the more you trade with your neighbor, the less paper work is required.

• Like 2

1. Enable the Delivery system to ALL outposts..

2. Open ports to all traders from all Nations. Pirates excluded.

I'm afraid #1 would simply eliminate open sea cargo hauling entirely. The current shipping fees for delivery are low enough that I would never haul anything if I could just use the delivery system instead. Saving a relatively small amount of money doesn't seem worth the risk of getting caught with 300,000 worth of items in my hold.

Maybe it would be interesting if the fee was higher? Or if the travel time for deliveries was more like 3 real-life days rather than what it currently is (typically a few hours).

#2 I wouldn't mind (pirates included) if only because it's already true today.

People have bought extra copies of this game purely to run alts to obtain resources from other teams. You can bet that the Spanish are getting resources from the British and the British are getting resources from the Americans, etc, via alts. If we want to prevent that we would have to prevent all inter-team trading.

I think I would rather see a British ship sail into a Spanish port to buy coal than see a "Spanish" ship (really a second account for a British player) do the same thing.

People have bought extra copies of this game purely to run alts to obtain resources from other teams. You can bet that the Spanish are getting resources from the British and the British are getting resources from the Americans, etc, via alts. If we want to prevent that we would have to prevent all inter-team trading.

Why would you do that? It's not like having production buildings in multiple nations gives you any kind of a boost...

Why would you do that? It's not like having production buildings in multiple nations gives you any kind of a boost...

Proximity. Your iron port is closer (and the attack window is probably 7am) so it's easier to just use an alt to make iron mines there.

But also if your team's market is more vibrant than mine and I need 2000 coal right now, I can just go buy it from your market since my team's market is empty (or higher priced).

If you're willing to purchase several alts, you can supply yourself without ever having to use a market but 1 market alt can be very useful if you just want 1 alt.