Game-Labs Forum

Competition - World of Warships

Destraex

• 2 weeks later...

They're two completely different animals entirely. World of Tanks is good Arcadey tank fun, World of ships might be that way for ships... And World of Warplanes is an unmitigated horror who's name should be struck from the records of history.

Not sure where NA will fit here, but it's not a World of X or Xthunder type game regardless.

I did give WOWP a go awhile back. I wasn't the least impressed with it, or with WOT either. Way too arcadey with planes taking massive hits without going down at all. It was more like an RPG where the weapons do a certain amount of damage no matter where it hits.

Sad news. At least Naval Action will have proper damage models. They are heading in the right direction and at the moment satisfying captains every where.

Fingers crossed they do not descend into arcade land like paradoxes war of the vikings which is now dead because of being dumbed down and gameyed up.

The company that makes WOT aren't really big into the sim side of things. Except for their sim battles with the tanks which are still slightly arcadey. I'm expecting it to generally more of the same. Not many ships went down in WW2 from ship to ship gun fights. A mere handful in all actuality. Subs with torpedos and a gun to finish it off if they needed to, and planes with torpedos and bombs along with water mines were the main killers. The damage model coming is going to be fantastic. It's going to really make tactics and thinking more needed.