Game-Labs Forum

Ports shedule without sterile drama

Ports outside normal time range of the country, today, for each nation:

Holland    : 0%

France     : 3% (despite the presence among them of many players of the "Belle Province" that could solicit better schedules (US) for them)

Denmark  : 6%

Spain        : 6%

USA          : 7%

Sweden     : 55% (9 remaining ports)

England     : 71%

Pirates       : 78% (by definition multinational Group)

I gather that our English friends, are really the only ones with their Swedish allies fully using this weapon, which is not a reproach.

I come, therefore, wish to completely removal ports shedule, which have the advantage of closing a sterile and discourteous discussion and would not be more penalizing than the situation today.

A drastic strengthening of ports, by the presence of strong and efficient land defense which should be maintained under penalty of weakness, would be a more realistic strategic weapon and open more opportunities (scout of the defense level, abandon of the need of flag, choice of ports to strengthen etc ...).

For the record, the ports captured  from the sea, were very rare, naval supremacy was, rather, the result of battles on the high seas and port blockade.

Alanxo Corsaire statistician :ph34r:

Edited by Alanxo

Do you realize that you'd be crushed in 2 days with an open schedule if a larger nation attacks you?

Fully open timers have already been tested. They are worse than what we have now.

If you find something better, I'm sure people will listen. Open timers are not it.

I don't see the merit in the point you are trying to make here.

I find your statistics to be very dubious indeed and there is absolutely nothing to prove the percentages you are putting here.

The most problematic thing about this post is the concept of "normal time range"

There is nothing to prevent players from ANY time zone to join any server or nation at all. 

Many U.S citizens play on the EU server, for example. Many of these players can be found playing for the Brits. As can Australians, to name but two large groups outside of the "normal time range"

Likewise, there is nothing to force players in Britain to play as Brits, or players in Spain to play for the Spanish etc etc.

For an online game operating 24hrs a day, 7 days a week which players can join and play from anywhere on any side, the concept of "normal time zone" is simply not accurate.

That being said, I agree that the 2 hour port capture window is a mechanic which should probably be changed for something better in future.

What hours am i only allowed to play in again.....i'm Aus but i play US/AUS and EURO times depending on the day of the week.

Also can you move more of your port timers to AUS time. I hate having to stay up or get up early. 

"I gather that our English friends, are really the only ones with their Swedish allies fully using this weapon, which is not a reproach."

This sorta implies you don't think we can play those times physically.   I don't think you understand how wide our prime times are....anytime i log into our TS there is 20+ on.  as many as 70 at times...  we fielded enough to defend 6 flags bought at the same time the other night in nearly Midnight east Aus time.  We take ports during the days Aus time.   i don't see that prime time exists in a world wide game...

what you need to do is figure out how to get players to play the content you think you should be able to....if you win the port you set the timer.  if you can take a port through force then surely that means you can own that content.....i don't understand why you think we have to play your timers in a globally open game.  it's like saying we can only use the internet at certain times.

maybe you should be petitioning for naval action to bring out a LAN party version so you can choose when to play.

Edited by Fastidius