Game-Labs Forum

Tribunal huh ?! Please enlighten me.

Hi,

i have been reading posts here for a while now and i must admit that it looks like a very weird distorted version of a lynching party. Let me speak my mind and please explain to me what i misunderstood about this section.

A tribunal happens in a court of law, with 1 judge, 1 defense layer and 1 prosecutor ( skip the part where they need a team to work a case). A long, long, long period of time before that tribunal takes place in a court of law, where no one else than the previously mentioned individuals have the right to speak in an orderly manner, an investigation happens. Nothing reaches the door step of the court of justice before this investigation is over and proofs are added to the case. Most cases are not accessible to public until it reaches the trial. 

These proofs are usually found through evidence gathered by whom ever have them but usually by investigators who's job is to investigate. In a lot of cases where the victim is close to the case such as abuse, violence, let me spare the obnoxious list of crimes, the complaint is filed then investigated. The victim rarely has to investigate the crime herself, i doubt any guys beaten in a back alley have any screenshot or youtube footage to provide. Even without any evidence, most complaints are investigated no matter what by competent peace officers.

Once the case is built, proofs gathered and witness ready to corroborate, a Judge will preside a trial. IF a jury is required, the only function they will fulfill will be to sit, shut up and listen. Once both complaint and circumstances are made clear for all, the jury will deliberate and deliver a verdict.

Even if the community is allowed in a court of law, they sit out side the justice perimeter and most of all things, they are ordered to keep their mouth shut.

Now that i spoke my mind clearly, if we read most of the topics in this ''Tribunal '' section of the forum. Can anyone here explain to me how is this section of the forum even close to a Tribunal ?! Don't get me wrong, i think a section where players can file an official complain about someone's actions is absolutely required to keep the community clean and every player's behavior above the average acceptable. I think the possibility of commenting should be restricted to dedicated individuals. Individuals who's only roles would be to relate facts and weigh what is going on.

I find it very frustrating to read all these charades around very serious allegations that affects more than 1 player almost every time. Let's face it, opening every case to everyone just leads to animosity or worst, discussions about mechanics... which already have every single section of the forum to do so. There is one section that shouldn't be for fun and game, the tribunal.

Please, tell me where i am wrong, if you think so.

Edited by Shunziji
  • Like 3

Your lack of faith regarding the good nature of people is disturbing but not surprising, Honestly dude the player base even if it were inclined to lynching cannot do so beyond mere slander of one's name be it justified or otherwise as only Devs have the power to ban a player. In the end they are the Supreme Court Justices as it were who will or won't uphold a ruling by "the lower court".

• Like 1

I think justice will hardly ever happen in this kind of communities. Mostly in these cases the better player is right and other done something wrong. I think you should put all people to tribunal which does not teach lower rank what (s)he is able to do or not to do. Open world means a open world, you know.

Right and Wrong is different in many places. Some are insulted from different ways. So which culture we use? Russian, Chinese or perhaps Arabian? Or maybe "west" capitalism where things are corrupted as well as in many other cultures.

Crow up guys, you do not rule the world, you live on it, please.

btw. Game looks great but looks like it's too sandbox to please the random players.

Right and Wrong is different in many places. Some are insulted from different ways. So which culture we use? Russian, Chinese or perhaps Arabian? Or maybe "west" capitalism where things are corrupted as well as in many other cultures.

Crow up guys, you do not rule the world, you live on it, please.

Yeah ok. You kind of proved  my point.

I said what i had to say the best way i can ... enough said for me.

You sir enjoy your freedom of speech, i will enjoy mine. Fair wind.

Edited by Shunziji
  • Like 1

Maybe good to know:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12611-tribunal-reform/

Today a reform was enacted, i think this is along the lines you were hoping for.

Yep, absolutely.

I must say i am more than happy to see this change, although i am pretty sure you guys figured it out on you own without my help ... 

Thumbs up all over both the game and the forum, i love it !

• Like 1