Game-Labs Forum

Iam worried that experiance and gold will not be enough to interest people at end game in pvp. I wouldnt want a Wow type pvp that is essentialy meaningless. I think we will need new mechanics beyond what we have, for example, Killboard stats, which could be put into a In game newspaper like thing. bonus's for production. New kinds of crew that come with winning in pvp/ experiance for crew.  New skills for captains and crew.

Edited by Insomnion

I respect that opinion, but they seemed to motivated pvp in EVE vary well, and I think they would fit into the time period, certain captains would be famous and it would be well known to everyone which ships they defeated in battle and captured, after all, they're in our history books right?

I am always for more content, but leaderboards was voted on and soundly rejected by the majority of voters. That is not to say it could not come up again but it seems most people felt like it would only lead to the kind of attitudes and behaviors that many flocked to this game to avoid. Even most of the most badass Pvp guys voted against it.

All stats do regardless of type, is promote chest beating the forums.  "The look what I did" players will constantly feel the forums with meaningless screenshots.  And "YES" it will also make the community and game play toxic in terms of in-game chat as well as forum posting.  The game in its current state, remember its only in Alpha, far exceeds what you find in many released and final Beta games.  In addition, I'm not certain the game designers want a large player base just yet. 

Edited by BR549

I believe a great idea should be to attach the stats to the ship and not to the players themselves,  (which we should be able to name too) That way you can look back and see the history of each ship and who it has been captures from and so forth.

Stats or not we need some end game content because soon people will have all the rank, ships and money they can use and no further to progress. It is a real issue and needs addressing. Unique pvp rewards would help, having items as valuable and in the same class as crafting notes that can only be obtained through pvp. That will also promote pvp which sinks ships ands boosts the economy.