Game-Labs Forum

[SOCIAL] Lord Protectors choose alliances.

The protector of each faction decide who they are allied with. If mutual, they are friendly to each other, under their respective flags IE: GB joins into Pirate and French battle, GB Protector and French Protector allied, so common enemy is pirate.

Or, in my opinion just do it the simple way, have it up for vote by all the members of a nation above a certain rank, is the least open abuse suggestion regarding a potential politics system i have seen.

• Like 2

Why not just sell the ports to allies outright?

Edit: Votes/Councils/Elections just don't work. We all know that one guy that would ruin it.

the thing is, if we use all the nations people above a certain rank, then you have a group of people that represent the nation, if the majority votes for war, the majority agrees for war, if majority votes against war, majority doesnt want war, while it is abusable i could see things more abusable using port captures, what if only 1 clan does all the port captures? then the politics isnt determined by the nation as it should but rather by that single clan, now granted a lot of politics is determined by clans right now and individual captains who are in small clans or dont have any clans dont necesarilly have a say.

One guy and one group can't ruin several groups working together once the guy or group reveals their true colors.  Lord protectors is exploitable.  Vote by everyone is not, unless someone wants to spend a lot of money.

• Like 1

One guy and one group can't ruin several groups working together once the guy or group reveals their true colors.  Lord protectors is exploitable.  Vote by everyone is not, unless someone wants to spend a lot of money.

And time, if you also need to achieve certain rank....