Game-Labs Forum

Nation flag proposal

My flag proposal:

Every clan can choose a historical flag, every player can choose to use either the clan flag or the national flag.

Example: dutch clan chooses voc flag, player has the option to use a voc flag or a dutch flag. Non clan players can only use the nations originl flag.

Why? To prevent battles with 100000000 different flags (that would be chaos).

----

Pirate flag suggestion:

Pirates should be able to pick any historical pirate flag.

Personally I would love the option of a flag creator or uploader (thats gets checked by admins ofcourse). This way pirates can use their own pirate flag. Famous pirates also had their own flags. (But no pink pony flag ofcourse, flags with the pirate theme).

Edited by Amendus

My flag proposal:

Every clan can choose a historical flag, every player can choose to use either the clan flag or the national flag.

Example: dutch clan chooses voc flag, player has the option to use a voc flag or a dutch flag. Non clan players can only use the nations originl flag.

Why? To prevent battles with 100000000 different flags (that would be chaos).

----

Pirate flag suggestion:

Pirates should be able to pick any historical pirate flag.

Personally I would love the option of a flag creator or uploader (thats gets checked by admins ofcourse). This way pirates can use their own pirate flag. Famous pirates also had their own flags. (But no pink pony flag ofcourse, flags with the pirate theme).

Problem is, with the oft-referenced 'historical pirate flags', many of them are wrong or made up.  And I also agree with Warhammerguy: make clan flags one of the signal flags flown on a ship.  I'd really prefer the extraneous flags to be taken away and be left with just a national flag unless they mean something such as rank, crafting rank, clan, etc.

A nation flag in at the stern and a clan flag in the highest mast would be lovely

+1, or a Clan pennon. I know isn’t really in dev priorities but in the long run this game needs some kind of clan and friend/foe recognition if they want to keep the game name tags to minimum expression and leave the UI clean. 

Problem is, with the oft-referenced 'historical pirate flags', many of them are wrong or made up.  And I also agree with Warhammerguy: make clan flags one of the signal flags flown on a ship.  I'd really prefer the extraneous flags to be taken away and be left with just a national flag unless they mean something such as rank, crafting rank, clan, etc.

also a great idea.

but for the pirate flags people should be able to use red or black flags with the skeletons etc. just give them more diversity. Even tough not all flags are historically accurate its just more fun if someone could create his own pirate flag (maybe after a certain rank? like captain?)