Game-Labs Forum

Port Governors

I was thinking about the following.

All people who have an outpost in a port could vote for a governor.
For now a governor wouldn't be of much use, if not any use, but when they implement some production buildings etc... a governor could have a small side role.

Lets say the governor can build some buildings in a port that give all player production buildings a small boost.

The port could generate labour hours very slowely, and the governor could decide if the hours are put in small % of extra production of something. Or if they are put in some extra defence. But all the gains should be very minimal to only a few %. The governor could get some small amounts of gold represented by the amount of traded goods.

Additionaly the generation of labour hours in a port could depend on the amount of outposts located in that port. So that the safest ports are actualy better developped than the "front" ports.

This way for a nation outer outposts might be better defended, and the safer ports might be better in producing resources.

Ports already have Governors - they're called Lord Protectors, and they're the guys/gals that put up money to go fight a port battle to win that port.  I'd say the system is fine as is, though I'd like to see the ability for an LP to pass the LP role over to someone else if they so desired.

• Like 1

Ports already have Governors - they're called Lord Protectors, and they're the guys/gals that put up money to go fight a port battle to win that port.  I'd say the system is fine as is, though I'd like to see the ability for an LP to pass the LP role over to someone else if they so desired.

Haven't realy seen anything about Lord Protectors, gonna check it out later... my bad.