Game-Labs Forum

Frigate engagement between RUS and WASP/IKEA

Meraun

Yesterday afternoon, a Swedish Frigate, commanded by Capt Trebien got attacked

by  2 Danish Renomèe’s wich werde led by RUS Captains.  A WASP Suprise commanded by Capt Meraun coud answer the call and support the Frigate.

So the battle was two RUS–Renomèe's against an IKEA -Frigate & a WASP -Suprise. While Sweden had the advantage in Firepower and HP, the Danes had Mobility and Cannon-range (both had Longs, the Frigate had Canorrades)

Both sides tried tactics according to their strength. The Swedish ships try to catch the Renomèes (höhö) while they kept distances and tried to demast the Frigate and the Suprise.

After 1 Hour of Manouvering and Broadside’s, the Frigate got finally demasted, only its Bowsprit remained,  wihle the suprise had not lost a Mast but is sails were on 62%. The Battle was about to flip into Danish favour. But WASP and IKEA stood togehter. Both captains stay in battle, even if they both coud have left several times by themself.

The Suprise took position next to the demasted Frigate so they coud use their suprior Firepower if the Renomèe get to close. The RUS captains realized they woudnt be able to sink the Ship's on long distance before the night breaks in an the Timer runs out. So they decided to do a bold move. They charged ! Getting themself into range of the Frigates 32pd Cannorrades and the 9pd Cannon of the Suprise. At this point, all ships had almost full HP.

After a intense Broadside exchange in wich the Suprise lost 60 man, one of the Renomèe ‘s  tryed to board it.  In the 1st boarding fight,  the Suprise was able to cut the ropes after a intese fight, more Broadside were exchange before the Renomee started another Boarding attack. With heaviest losses, the Crew oft he Suprise was able to hold the enemy back once again. But the Suprise wasnt able to get distance between itself ant the Renomèe. The Third attack killed the remaining 30 man. The ships was lost.

Meanwihle, the other Renomèe was caught in the  line of fire  of IKEA's  Frigate wich hammered 32pder Broadsides into it. The Ship didnt stand a change and sunk shortly after the Suprise was boarded.

With one Ship on each side remaining. the battle was in its final stage. The Renomèe try to get away, out of range of the devasting 32pder to finish the Job on long range.. 

But the Captain forget about the intact Suprise, swiming unmanned right next to the Frigate. The Crew graped this offer and boarded the Suprise.

Both Ships had long 9pder now, and the fight continued. After several broadsides, the night got close and the Battle timer run out.  The Renomèe headed back to Danish waters wihle the Suprise pulled the demasted Frigate back to Fort Baai.

After some repairs, the Suprise was given back to Captain Meraun

WASP and IKEA claim the Victory for this battle, because a Danish Renomèe sunk while no Swedish Ship was lost

NuGJz4f.jpg

SOi43Sm.jpg

Edited by Meraun
  • Like 8

I wonder, why sweden post here about some random victorys of they own. It rly looks like some major event?  :lol:

Why danes doesn't post here about victorys? Maybe because its usual?  ;)

Why sweden doesn't post here about yesteday lost of Fort Bai? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I wonder, why sweden post here about some random victorys of they own. It rly looks like some major event?  :lol:

Why danes doesn't post here about victorys? Maybe because its usual?  ;)

Why sweden doesn't post here about yesteday lost of Fort Bai? :rolleyes:

Well Reki, i do it for Roleplay fun and so people have something to read :-) i personaly like reading other ARR Storys as well.

But if you preferee my next AAR will be about a loss against Danes. If got plenty of those storys as well!

I will write one just for you :rolleyes:

But reason i choose this one was  the length of it  90 min. Pls it how i imagined a real engagment back then. AND

it was very tight and intense. both sides coud have lost any time. And if our Frigate woudnet have been able to retake the Suprise, it woud have been a drawn anyway

Edited by Meraun
  • Like 1

Im sure it will be something like Oh No, 30 danes got me in OS suddenly. That cowards was everywhere around me, and when I almost sunk they 3rd rate on my pve gray snow, some of them launch the Kraken... B)  

Jesus man you gotta stop take this stuff so serious and chill. i will look for a engagment where i only lost because of my own fault... woud taht be better for our tortued Soul?

Btw i lost the boarding against the RUS guy mainly because i did stupid mistakes and he "played" his attacks defends better.

Also if you talk to your mates, they will tell you there is no fake in this story.

But you wont stop trolling anyway...

Edited by Meraun
  • Like 1

Also if you talk to your mates, they will tell you there is no fake in this story.

But you wont stop trolling anyway...

They isn't my mates and I don't know who it was. Im here just playing role of sceptic fisher who said "I don't believe it. Your fish wasn't that big"  :lol:

• Like 1

If he was telling tall tales, I suspect there would have been twice as many enemy ships and he'd have won, instead of reporting what could be seen as a draw or at best a pyrrhic victory (though no less entertaining for it!)

Switching to a de-crewed ship mid-fight to continue the battle? Even if both ships had been lost with all hands, that'd still make for a good story. Salut!