Game-Labs Forum

Scale BR with crew percentage

The most recent patch was partially done to address the issue of BR in port battles and more specifically the use of heavily under-crewed 3rd rates to bolster BR difference.

I suggest that instead of adjusting the port battle BR numbers you simple adjust the BR of a ship based on how much crew it has.

So for instance:

A 3rd rate with 100% crew has a BR of 500

A 3rd rate with 50%  crew has a BR of 250

A 3rd rate with 25% crew has a BR of 125

It doesn't have to be linear and it doesn't have to apply in all situations.

This may also help with players that have been mostly destroyed but are just sitting far away from the battle and are an annoyance.

Thoughts?

The most recent patch was partially done to address the issue of BR in port battles and more specifically the use of heavily under-crewed 3rd rates to bolster BR difference.

I suggest that instead of adjusting the port battle BR numbers you simple adjust the BR of a ship based on how much crew it has.

So for instance:

A 3rd rate with 100% crew has a BR of 500

A 3rd rate with 50%  crew has a BR of 250

A 3rd rate with 25% crew has a BR of 125

It doesn't have to be linear and it doesn't have to apply in all situations.

This may also help with players that have been mostly destroyed but are just sitting far away from the battle and are an annoyance.

Thoughts?

If this is done only for port battles so as to not disrupt other game mechanics that rely on BR, I'd support it.

• Like 3

I agree that it should be a factor - that said, it would communicate the weakness to the opponent if they saw a Santissima with a BR of 300 instead of 900.

That said, I think the BR system is a little off at the moment.  A Santissima has multiples of armor over a Constitution, but it also has both several multiples of cannons and cannons of bigger caliber.  So 3X BR of the Constitution actually seems little low.