Game-Labs Forum

(PVP2) Cutter Night

Vllad

For those that don't know the French are being crushed by the Pirates in the South East corner of the map. Ironically as we continue to lose ports they continue to lose the war.

Tonight to prove a point we brought a bunch of the French team down in the Naprima Bay in nothing but cutters. We had about 18 in all. We roamed the entire bay and attacked everything in sight. You would be surprised how much you can get done in a cutter.

*We jumped in their missions to create a mission failure.

*When they stopped doing missions and started jumping NPC Trader ships we jumped in those battles as Pirates and boarded and thieved away their cargo.

*We killed 10 Pirate Trading ships which cost them a pretty penny.  

*We Captured a Frig and a few Ren's

*We sunk about a dozen Pirate ships all heavier then Mercs

*We darn near got a Constitution

You would be surprised just how much damage 10 or more Cutters can do. The best part is when you guys call for reinforcements all you get is more Cutters!

We captured the Frig with just 4 Cutters.

Just incase the Pirates didn't get the point... you can take all the ports and resources you want. We aren't going anywhere. This game may have port battles and other grand mechanics but you don't need those things to beat the daylights out of someone. We can take our free ships and lose nothing and still beat you to death with it.

We lost nothing tonight and the Pirates lost a few hundred grand in ships and resources.

The French on PVP2 make better Pirates than the Pirate team. They supplied us more ships and resources tonight than we could ever produce on our own.

I bring this here to this forum to let small teams know rather than complain about the Zerg you should be out there ruining their ill gotten gains. Their are a ton of game mechanics that allow small teams to get even. Port battles and building the biggest ship is NOT what this game is about. I can see by this forum their are a few teams out there that haven't learned that lesson yet. You can't tell who is winning by looking at who has the most ports.  

The French on PVP2 have few ports but they are having a blast!

• Like 9

For those that don't know the French are being crushed by the Pirates in the South East corner of the map. Ironically as we continue to lose ports they continue to lose the war.

Tonight to prove a point we brought a bunch of the French team down in the Naprima Bay in nothing but cutters. We had about 18 in all. We roamed the entire bay and attacked everything in sight. You would be surprised how much you can get done in a cutter.

*We jumped in their missions to create a mission failure.

*When they stopped doing missions and started jumping NPC Trader ships we jumped in those battles as Pirates and boarded and thieved away their cargo.

*We killed 10 Pirate Trading ships which cost them a pretty penny.

*We Captured a Frig and a few Ren's

*We sunk about a dozen Pirate ships all heavier then Mercs

*We darn near got a Constitution

You would be surprised just how much damage 10 or more Cutters can do. The best part is when you guys call for reinforcements all you get is more Cutters!

We captured the Frig with just 4 Cutters.

Just incase the Pirates didn't get the point... you can take all the ports and resources you want. We aren't going anywhere. This game may have port battles and other grand mechanics but you don't need those things to beat the daylights out of someone. We can take our free ships and lose nothing and still beat you to death with it.

We lost nothing tonight and the Pirates lost a few hundred grand in ships and resources.

The French on PVP2 make better Pirates than the Pirate team. They supplied us more ships and resources tonight than we could ever produce on our own.

I bring this here to this forum to let small teams know rather than complain about the Zerg you should be out there ruining their ill gotten gains. Their are a ton of game mechanics that allow small teams to get even. Port battles and building the biggest ship is NOT what this game is about. I can see by this forum their are a few teams out there that haven't learned that lesson yet. You can't tell who is winning by looking at who has the most ports.

The French on PVP2 have few ports but they are having a blast!

So you are french pirates! Wtg we need more pirates.

So you are french pirates! Wtg we need more pirates.

To be fair, if the pirates were not trying to PVE all the time this tactic wouldn't have worked so well. But it sure was fun. I spent most of the night sailing a privateer but actually began to regret it as the basic cutter proved more advantageous. The Priv is just too specialized upwind. Good for boarding but in the end a free basic cutter is just about as good and is faster downwind.

Upset I missed this, sounds like is was a blast!

Oh it was. Mostly a lot of jokes on TS and fun all around. No one took it all that seriously at all so it became a lot of light hearted fun. Not so much for the pirates though. Some were typing stuff in local that would make a sailor blush.

• Like 2

I spent most of the night sailing a privateer but actually began to regret it as the basic cutter proved more advantageous.

Yeah, Basic Cutter is the way to go for this because you can fill it up with free repair kits. You can really extend your open sea time by popping out and burning 2-3 repair kits to get your health topped off (for free) and then get right back to it. That gets expensive in any other ship.

Of course, hitting a pirate with x6 Surprises is going to be better than x6 Basic Cutters but we did prove the point that a bunch of Cutters can still yield results and there's nothing stopping the whole team from joining in.

You can jump into any battle or mission with impunity and either interfere with it or, worst case, just sail off upwind because no big square rigger is going to catch you.

To be fair, if the pirates were not trying to PVE all the time this tactic wouldn't have worked so well. But it sure was fun. I spent most of the night sailing a privateer but actually began to regret it as the basic cutter proved more advantageous. The Priv is just too specialized upwind. Good for boarding but in the end a free basic cutter is just about as good and is faster downwind.

No no no i think what youre doing is awesome. It gives me hope this game will continue to be a open world war game on the Atlanta. Your numbers are small and youre fighting how you can that's great . There is another much larger faction always saying its not fair to be attacked so its refreshing to see you fighting guerilla style lol.

Bye the way im a pirate on your server i think so arrrrrggggg may yee sink to the bottom of da sea....but nice fight in the mean time.

• Like 1