Game-Labs Forum

Spanish vs USA in Key West PVP1

Drakedge

The USA and Spanish engage outside of Keywest, and there was a fun fight between both. Thank you for the contact Spanish. Well fought, I look forward to future battles. The USA had one larger ship, and the rest matched the Spanish, then the Spanish had extra snows, and cutters and so forth. 

The video is long, but really the battle is over long before the video ends. I just wanted to show the end result screen. Again thank you for the fight.

* Youtube is still processing the video, an HD version will be available once that is complete. The video is 1080p by 60fps

Edited by Drakedge
  • Like 6

(Moved from other forum. This is the right place to post it)

Dear Sirs:

When we gank us navy ships they usually run "bravely" or surrunder "even more bravely". Runing when your are in dissadvantage is not cowardice but common sense. The fight was nice and for us it was the first time we found some us navy players willing to fight.  

We were more but our bigger ships were Renomees, while your smaller ships were  Surprise. I dare say the outcome was slightly in your favor. 

In the spanish team there were a few basic cutter and some guys who had no real exprerience in pvp. Anyway experience is something you achieve by doing.

It was a nice fight anyway and we enjoyed it a lot. We also love your video and we commented that you started it laughing at the spanish cowardice. We love how you stopped laughing when your team mates started shouting for help and complaining about being demasted   :P

Hope to meet you all in the open seas soon.

PD. Any of you has an idea of the server population by nations?

Yesterday 13/02 we had a fun battle y key west again.

8 Us navy ships (1 tricomale 1 renomee and a few surprises if i remember right) were looking for a fight in key west. When we engaged them (2 Renommees, 2 snows, 2 nigaras if I remember right again) we started runnig and as usual the US guys started mocking us about Spanish "cowardice". When we were ready to exit combat, 1 of our colleages exited it, and 4 US players jumped out in a rush.

The rest of us remained.

That made a balanced combat 2 Renomees 2 snows 1 nigara VS 1 Tricomale 1 Renomee 2 Surprises.

We were shocked how the mocking stopped as the 4 heavier US navy ships started running away. They left their friend behind (the Tricomale) as they exited combat as soon as they could.

You call us cowards?

We run when we have to, as you do, but we dont leave friends behind when there is a good chance of saving them.

Good winds to you all.

(By the way, thanks for your contribution to the spanish war efford. We love yellow tricomales :wub: )  

Gazaika,

You've obviously spent a lot of time on that writeup, thanks. Glory be to Spain, and all that. Did you consider, however, how far fetched it is that a competently sailed Trincomalee would fall victim to your motley group of Renomees and Snows?

Of the ships you listed, only the Snows have bow chasers. These Snows are slow are unwieldy. Maybe it is possible you captured a "yellow" (referred to among veteran circles as "Exceptional", btw) Trincomalee. However, given your status report, the only type of player that could fall victim in that ship to such a weak ambush would be a brand new player - in which case you're falling into the same trap as Lobogriss and so many other Spaniards, in mistaking the foibles of newbie U.S. players for Glorious Espanol Victories.

• Like 1

We spaniard call it Yellow or golden  ;) but feel free to call it as you please  :) (Feel free to feel "veteran" also)

May be he was an unexperienced pvp player. You also kill lots of unexperienced Spanish players. Thats war I gess. The only thing id like to point out is that our newee players dont sail Tricomales (I dont know why  :D )

Regarding the weakness of our ambush... well, we didnt plan to ambush a superior force of frigates, but when it is an even match.... we fight. You consider the snow a shity ship. Just dont use it. Our experience says it does the job.

I ask myself why you consider glorious US navy victories when you kill unexperienced Spanish players in mercuries (or conquest ports no one is defending) and we are mistaken to consider the capture of a yellow tricomale (forming part of a heavier team) a nice victory. (I cant see the word "glorious" anywere in my previous post).

I appreciate that you like how I write, but I wrote it while my kids were having breakfast (10 minutes more or less)

Last but not least, my name is Gaizka, not Gazaika, but as long as you dont loose your temper and start using bad words, you can call me as you please  :rolleyes: .

Good winds to you all.

To Prater

Dear Sir:

Please forgive Lobogris. We have sunk more than 40 US navy ships so far and sometimes it is hard to keep track of of such a long list.

On the other hand, the list of ships or our two Gulds (La Mano del Diablo y Bastardos sin Gloria) sunk by the US navy is much easier to keep but I still cant recall if it was 3 or 4.

Good winds and hope to meet you all in the high seas.

Gaizka

Bastardos sin Gloria.

I don't see where the complaint is coming from with the fight that I recorded here? A ren and Surprise are in the same weight class, and crew class of ships. With the ren having superior armor, speed, and maneuverability compared to the surprise with heavier fire power.

Both sitting at the 240 crew marker. It is not the US fault that the rens negated their advantages by getting surrounded by their own ships. Yes you demasted and sank one of our ships, and demasted another two, that's fantastic work! 

At the end of the day though you still had us out numbered, even double the numbers at some points in the fight. 

We often call out Spanish "cowardice" because every battle that I have been in with the spanish has generally been the same, it's an out numbered US fleet against many. The moment that the battle becomes equal the Spanish begin their retreat. In the battle featured on my youtube channel here, the moment that we out maneuvered this force, they ran. 

It really could have turned out a lot differently had the rens taken advantage of their advantages, and we could have been encircled and cut to pieces. The snows, and Niagaras are good ships, you can see how fast my armor was getting melted under concentrated fire power and I was the heaviest ship in the entire battle. 

At the end of the day, it was a fun fight, and I am glad that this group of Spanish players fought it out for as long as they did. I can only speak for myself, and can only show my side of a fight in video. 

I'm not sure why anyone in this thread would be posting lists of gank victims anyway. Ships taken in ganks are meaningless. I couldn't even begin to count the Spanish ships taken in uneven fights (ganks) by US groups (a whole lot more than 40, and if you think your group has only lost 3or4 to us, you are wrong. I have killed a lot more of your group than that personally, without even counting the rest of the US nation.), but we don't go around posting about it. There is no glory or honour or skill in ganking people. Both sides do it, but I think we should all stick to posting pics from "good fights" or battles we won while outnumbered etc if we are going to post at all. I would be ashamed to post lists of the poor people I happened to catch alone while I was sailing around in a group.

I'm not sure why anyone in this thread would be posting lists of gank victims anyway. Ships taken in ganks are meaningless. I couldn't even begin to count the Spanish ships taken in uneven fights (ganks) by US groups (a whole lot more than 40, and if you think your group has only lost 3or4 to us, you are wrong. I have killed a lot more of your group than that personally, without even counting the rest of the US nation.), but we don't go around posting about it. There is no glory or honour or skill in ganking people. Both sides do it, but I think we should all stick to posting pics from "good fights" or battles we won while outnumbered etc if we are going to post at all. I would be ashamed to post lists of the poor people I happened to catch alone while I was sailing around in a group.

Exactly. I don't post the battles where the fight was heavily in my favor. Hell I don't even record those fights, they aren't interesting to watch, they aren't interesting to talk about as it is usually 20 - 30 minutes of chasing, until you finally catch up and then a contestless fight. 

I encourage you to show your victories with even, or outnumbered fights. I will be showing my losses that are good fights as well, who cares, you win some, you lose some, but a good fight is a good fight, and the video shown here was a fun and good fight. 

• Like 1

We also had more fun with that fight than with the previous ones. Some of the previous ones were fun also. (The ganked turns into the ganker occasionally). You fought well and we appreciate it. Regarding our kill list, I am afraid we will keep doing it for a while. From previous posts it looked like the US navy was the only one getting kills. By posting our kills we make clear for all (also for some people in the spanish nation) that the US navy is far from invencible.

Regarding the kills inflicted to our two pvp corps, we keep an easy track of that. When you say  "I have killed a lot more of your group than that personally, without even counting the rest of the US nation." i dare say you need to start posting your kills too  :)

Good winds to you all.

I won't be posting lists of people killed in unfair fights. It would be far too time consuming to do that, and I think it is a shameful practice. I prefer to be respectful to the poor souls who have to die in that way, and it is bad enough they have to endure being ganked. To add their names to a public list only adds insult to their injury. If you think I am lying about my claim, perhaps you should consider that most people don't go around advertising the occasions where they are killed. I assure you I am not making things up.

• Like 1

I agree that posting gank kills is just a hollow ego boost and best left at sea. I've yet to post a kill anywhere on the forums, but that's probably because I'm a harmless trader that sails the empty seas in search of rare rums  :)

Or goats.

• Like 2

To Chustler.

Dear Sir:

I wouldnt say you are lying. That would be unpolite, and may be you really believe that. What I can say for sure is that you are wrong. I can confirm that according to our records we have been killed 4 times. Until we have a decent Killboard (like the one they have in EVE online by example) we will have to keep doing this manually.

Good winds.

To Chustler.

Dear Sir:

I wouldnt say you are lying. That would be unpolite, and may be you really believe that. What I can say for sure is that you are wrong. I can confirm that according to our records we have been killed 4 times. Until we have a decent Killboard (like the one they have in EVE online by example) we will have to keep doing this manually.

Good winds.

4 times?  I alone have killed that many tonight.

What's with all the hate and trash talk? I posted a video here of an outnumbered USA fleet fighting a large Spanish fleet. They sank one of ours, we sank a few of theirs, it was a good and fun fight. They had rens, cerberuses, we had surprises, they are the same class of ship. Plus they had niagaras and snows, also decent ships. They just got out maneuvered, and ended up running as a result.  

You come here and post gank kills, anyone can gank kill, they are simple, easy, and pose no challenge. Do what I did, film a fight where you are out numbered and win. Then come boast.

Still don't understand the Spanish, all you guys do is complain, you complain when we fight you, you complain when we don't fight you, you complain when we do PVE, make up your minds.

• Like 1

Well, we gank gankers often too  :) but yes, you are right it was a fair fight. No complains from my part there, but everyone has the right to complain.

I also have complains to do about game mechanics, but this is not the place to complain about them.

"Still don't understand the Spanish, all you guys do is complain, you complain when we fight you, you complain when we don't fight you, you complain when we do PVE, make up your minds." Welcome :D  most Spanish dont underestand the other spanish either. May be you have some spanish blood after all  :lol:

Good winds.