Game-Labs Forum

Given the fact at one point the pirates were supposed to be the hardest faction in the game to play. I have a couple of suggestions to make them more interesting instead of a bad nations clone with a black flag.

1. Move the pirate capital to Somerset( Bermuda )

2. Make it so pirates cannot craft deep water ships outside of their capital.

3. Disable all teleport for pirates.

These changes will make pirates more difficult but not impossible to play for the pirate players, which is the way it should be.

Edited by Ruthless4u

These are arbitrary restrictions; Making Somerset the capitol is just plain ludicrous.

What needs to happen is a change to the Pirate mechanic, not where the are and limits on what they can do.

I disagree, nothing wrong with making Somerset the capital. So they have to travel a little further. It's not like I said make it the only pirate port.

How would you change the mechanic without limiting them?

Edited by Ruthless4u

disagree with both stop / don't make it harder on he hundred's of other player's

It was/is the intent of the developers at one point to make pirates the hardest faction to play.

Thinking about making another thread with my other suggestion seeing this will likely be filled with angry pirates.

disagree with both stop / don't make it harder on he hundred's of other player's 

Pirate faction isn't mean to be easy that's why its labeled "hard." The important thing is changing the way pirates work in a way that makes for good gameplay for all nations not arbitrarily making it harder/easier for pirates/nations. One way would be instead of a port being accessible to the entire pirate faction they should be controlled by the clan that takes them with the option to allow allied clans access (needs a formal alliance system though)

I direct you to my signature, in which I have linked some of my topics on the issue. You can also check my content for numerous other pirate mechanic topics I have suggested. (Can't put links here atm as I am on my phone)

I would love to see pirates set as you detailed in you no to starting as a pirate thread but sadly I feel to many already as limiting the pirates role and will not be done. There are simply to many players in that group for the developers to risk it.

Any thoughts on my non pirate suggestion?

Pirate faction isn't mean to be easy that's why its labeled "hard." The important thing is changing the way pirates work in a way that makes for good gameplay for all nations not arbitrarily making it harder/easier for pirates/nations. One way would be instead of a port being accessible to the entire pirate faction they should be controlled by the clan that takes them with the option to allow allied clans access (needs a formal alliance system though)

they fine the way the are 

I think they shoudl be more like pirates, and have the gameplay different than the nationals.

1.  Pirates should operate out of Free Ports.  The idea of a pirate capital seems like trying to fit a square peg (leg) into a round hole.

2.  Pirates should not capture ports, but can raid ports and steal a portion of goods in the shops.  And maybe they get a Loot Bonus on resources when raiding Merchant Ships. I don' think pirates should be running plantations and weaving shops.

3. If Pirates steal a ship, to reflect their nature of having to  patch together ships,  maybe it should have 2 Durability instead of the 1 for Nationals.  Easier for pirates to use their upgrades too. 

4.  To reflect their nature as being able to break blockades perhaps their Teleport Cooldown should on only be 90 minutes instead of 180 minutes for Nationals.  This would also reflect the difficulty of tracking down pirates.

Pirates left port when they ran out of money for rum and wenches, and I think this type of gameplay would better emulate it.

Edited by Heibges

only raiding ports, and not able to craft ships of the line, would be a start to make "pirates" hard to play.. 

if pirates wants a 3rd rate they need to cap it..

and if we go further, -% in crafting/trading & +% in sailing/boarding. it is piracy and cap cargo/ships not attack ports in line ships.. this is not "black sails" were we attack Charlestown :D

Given the fact at one point the pirates were supposed to be the hardest faction in the game to play. I have a couple of suggestions to make them more interesting instead of a bad nations clone with a black flag.

1. Move the pirate capital to Somerset( Bermuda )

2. Make it so pirates cannot craft deep water ships outside of their capital.

3. Disable all teleport for pirates.

These changes will make pirates more difficult but not impossible to play for the pirate players, which is the way it should be.

thses are  ludicrous