Game-Labs Forum

Splitting dura for friends?

Hi there

last night I joined a battle of pirates vs. pirates. 

Take a quick look at them, same clan. Two friends, perhaps exp farmers? Then one of them told me in chat:

"Hes a friend, dont attack. Im trading my niagara dura for him".

Is this allowed? If not, is this an issue for tribunal?

Greetings

Are you allowed to sell dura to other factions, ie pirates if your a nation player? I know this happened in POTBS and was frowned upon, but I haven't seen a list of what is and isn't allowed so far (if you imagine a new player picking up the game without visiting the forums). I've not done it, and wouldn't, but interested to know.

Well i find this some what game breaking. its like duplicating a ship. even though it has one durability for the other person it still another ship of that class. I have no problems if they grind damg off each other but this kinda makes it unfair.

Wait a minute, are you saying the situation below is actually possible in game?

This could explain why so many pirates seem to have leveled extremely fast.

Basically, pirates can attack pirates without getting negative xp. So they build a couple basic ships and one attacks the other. They quickly drive together and methodically pound the armor off each ship till only the pump is keeping either afloat. Then one boards the other and they take turns doing max crew damage till they have about 10 each left. Then one wins and cap the ship. If it works it becomes a double xp pvp kill for about 300-400 points each. No ships are lost even though they have a recorded pvp loss. The go back to port, the winner hands the loser his ship back and they go again this time with the other guy winning the boarding. The anti-farming mechanic wouldn't catch this? So if this worked they could farm each other for about 500xp every 20 min or so.

Can a dev or moderator please confirm if this is possible, legal or policed?

Edited by Bach
  • Like 1

Wait a minute, are you saying the situation below is actually possible in game?

This could explain why so many pirates seem to have leveled extremely fast.

Basically, pirates can attack pirates without getting negative xp. So they build a couple basic ships and one attacks the other. They quickly drive together and methodically pound the armor off each ship till only the pump is keeping either afloat. Then one boards the other and they take turns doing max crew damage till they have about 10 each left. Then one wins and cap the ship. If it works it becomes a double xp pvp kill for about 300-400 points each. No ships are lost even though they have a recorded pvp loss. The go back to port, the winner hands the loser his ship back and they go again this time with the other guy winning the boarding. The anti-farming mechanic wouldn't catch this? So if this worked they could farm each other for about 500xp every 20 min or so.

Can a dev or moderator please confirm if this is possible, legal or policed?

Supposedly they fixed it to where the pirates can't boost themselves, but the devs have also made it clear that pirates meant to be the easiest faction in the game. So who knows

It is the easiest faction for a reason, could you imagine the dregs of the game playing as a real nation?

Just because you call a faction the "easy" faction doesn't mean it will only get joined by Novis players. Human nature comes into play and you will have percentage of hard core players that come in to take advantage of the novis play bonus. Right now, barely a week into the game, we are 3/4 of the map away from the Pirate Capitol and are fighting pirate squadrons in Constitutions while we are still struggling to get everyone in Cerberus. Obviously they are not novis players. So yes, it's pretty "easy" to be a pirate. They have nearly no competition in deep water ports and until we all top out they may not. I would expect the Constitution to become the standard warship game wide. It just seems odd that the pirates would be the first to get them as a standard ship.

I think this issue probably needs to be tweaked a bit if just for the psycological feel of the game. Pirates should probably be the horde of the game and novis players should have some advantages there. But power players could be using those same advantages to gain levels and therefore tech at a much faster rate than others. If nothing else the "feel" of heavily armed pirates just seems odd.

Edited by Bach