Game-Labs Forum

Players losing ships is bad, and here is why.

Yes. Prime time is always full of port battles for those that enjoy the trafalgar conga lines and flotillas all around here and there deep into the night. Not that many sinkings are done in the screening and flotilla chases but a lot of damage is done, some captures here and there as well.

Many good players with excellent manual control but majority is still low in the learning curve and already packing frigates and above...

are you playing the same Game than i do? 

The question should be "Are you playing the game the same way I do?". You can't simply assume that everyone has the exact same experience as you. You're in a clan that runs their own forum and seems to have hundreds of members, I prefer playing with whoever I happen to run into in games, or with a small group of friends. You're playing every day, I play other games too depending on what suits my mood that day. Those kinds of differences have a huge impact on how you experience the game, and there is nothing unreasonable about asking various ways of playing to be equally valid. 

Just because some highly organized clans like throwing fistfuls of ships at each other doesn't mean that should be the only way to enjoy the game.

Edited by Aetrion

1. Read the thread. Many people made good arguments. You choosing to ignore them isn't the same as people not making any.

2. Did you just imply that I am in the minority when being against indestructible ships? Most people here said they want destructible ships.

If 1 or 200 durability, is different topic and was only used as an example by some to point out what direction they would prefer.

You missed the point of my example. I didn't call anyone here mentally challenged.

Of course, this is yet again simply another try to undermine posters who have solid arguments - don't worry, we can all see that. ;)

Trying to turn this game into an AOS eve clone does not a good argument make.

And I doubt either of us could prove majority representation. Given the majority of players are not represented here.

There is also a huge difference between a game's current and a game's potential players that can't be disregarded.

Given that there is so little competition for "Age of Sail game" it just makes sense to look at how to get as diverse a playerbase as possible who's looking for that above all else in the game, rather than restricting it down to just large clans who want to play conquest who also like sailing vessels.

Edited by Aetrion

I think most of the reasonable rational thinking people left this thread behind many pages ago. For the love of God would you let it go already. No matter how many times you say the same darn thing over and over and over your not winning us over to the "no ship loss" argument.

I agree. This has gotten quite out of hand enough.  Locking because nobody has time to go through four pages of personal attacks and rules violations and clean it up.

I'd suggest all involved take a good hard look at the forum rules before warnings need to be handed out.

• Like 3