Game-Labs Forum

full-rigged pinnace

What do you think about this type of ship?

I would love to see the dutch build pinnace in the game. It could be a well armed trader with less capacity than other traders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full-rigged_pinnace

They were also used as slavery ships and some pirates captured them. They were probably the biggest and most powerfull pirate ships. Blackbleards Queen Anne's Revenge is marked as a frigate but actually it's a dutch pinnace upgraded to 40 guns. It's uniqe Galeone look and 16 guns for a slavery trader is a well proof that it was a pinnace. German wiki also says it was a dutch pinnace.

Sam Bellamy's Whydah was also an even bigger pinnace.

Many famous pirate ships in movies which look like galeones were actually dutch pinnace.

Maybe there could be an option if you craft or cap one of those you could upgrade them by crafting from a well armed trader to a heavy armed warship with bigger capacity than normal warships. High maneuveribility, good fire power and good capacity but less armor could make them a very intersting ship.

Edited by CptEdwardKenway

Sorry for the bad understanding. If you mean they were build before the time of NA the La Concorde/Queen Anne's Revenge was build around 1709 and would fit well into the timeline of this game.

The Whydah was also build in 1716. Both after Port Royal got destroyed by an earthquake.

Queen Anne's Revenge and Whydah weren't hollywood ships.

HMS Concorde was launched in 1710 and captured by france in 1711. Hornigold and Blackbeard captured it in 1717. pinnace weren't old ships in still build even after Port Royal got destroyed.

It's not about those 2 ships it's about this type of ship. They were normally used as traders.

qarcut1.gif

Other shiptype like the pinnace is the east indaman:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Indiaman

Ostindiefararen-G%C3%B6theborg-avsegling

Thing is, you have to suggest specific ships and provide plans and such, i cant just say "we should get xebecs in the game" without suggesting something with plans and all as it takes time to research ships, and if the plans of the ships dont excist it is no point in going forward, and everything in this game is based at least to a certain extent on real ships with real plans.

• Like 1

indiamans are nothing but medium sized Ship of the Lines that dont have cannon on all decks.

these can later be converted into full warships like HMS Glatton who took part in the battle of Coppenhagen.

HMS Farguharson 56gun Indiaman from 1820, these sometimes were taking part in linefights.

indiaman_farquharson1.jpg

We are getting east indiamans in game. Also as i stated before, if you want a ship in the game you have to provide specific plans, you cant expect to just say i want this kind of ship and then let the(small) dev team do all the rest of the work if it is something you want.

Hey it was just an idea and what you think about this ships. Especially the pinnace could bring a lot of atmosphere into this game since it was used in the carribbean.

Just wanted some opinions about this ships not about plans or anything or about certain ships. Just about the shipclass.

I would bring some plans but I guess for most ships you won't find some. There is not much information about the pinnace of the 17th or 18th century. But I already found more than about the Cerberus which was a small 26 gun frigate.

But I am glad we get the east indiaman even if they didn't operate in the carribbean. But they would be a shipclass like the pinnace. Not exactly but the closest we will get I guess.