Game-Labs Forum

Repairs are totally Confusing - Some ideas.

I understand that repairs are an essential mechanic in game, and that the devs are constantly tuning how they work and using different ideas etc.

BUT currently the idea of Sail Rep / Hull reps is SUPER CONFUSING (at least to me). At least with RUM you know 1 rum = 1 sailor.

Currently I run with small ships (eg Prince, Niagara, rattler) AND Frigates. Also I have NO IDEA how many reps each type of ship will need to sustain myself through a tough PVP encounter for example, so I feel that I have initially been totally under repped (when I was used to the old days of 1 repair kit = 1 repair). After that I feel I have been "over-compensating" by stacking tons of repairs in my ships, and when i sik losing them all (and they cost a fair bit).

Is the new UI going to have info on ships saying how much repair kits / sail repair kits are needed for "one cycle of repairs" ? Maybe it does already? I have no idea.

EG: BEL POULE info screen:

Hull Reps: 12 needed per cycle

Sail reps: 15 needed per cycle.

This seems easy to add and will make understanding what you can carry  and what you might need to carry manageable for the player. at the moment I am totally in the dark.

Also will the tutorials explain repairs to new players, and how many cycles will fit in a long battle?

• Like 3