Game-Labs Forum

So @Kutai came up with a great idea the other day to promote smaller clan RVR that levels playing field a bit. Posting because he's to lazy :P This might have been suggested before because it seems slightly to obvious as an idea. Let me know yours thoughts.

So the idea:
Limit port battle BR to the member size of the clan that's defending it. Some sort of arbitrary number that determines if its a 5200 br or a 7200 br port etc. For example, If clan X has 20 members limit deep water to 2500. 40 members limit port BR to 4000ish etc etc you get the point. 

Currently the predefined BR limits are actually turning people away from port battles. That mixed with the timers makes what seems like a choice of hundreds of ports to attack more like a choice of 2 or 3 for a smaller clan. Of course smaller clans will look to group up with other clans to take bigger ports but then there's the question of "can we defend it now" ? Typically no "so why even bother trying"?
Essentially as it stands small groups of players are unlikely to partake in large RVR events because there's no incentive for them to other than to support a larger clans attacks/defends.

It would be nice to see small clans getting a foot hold on the map and honing there RVR skills on there own then cooperating to take the bigger ports off the powerhouse clans in the future :)

Benefits/drawbacks I can think of.

Benefits:
Small clans can partake in RVR easier
Small clans can defend there ports effectively
Promotes alliance and internal nation team work to take on bigger foes (bigger clans)
Removes the large clans active player bias (IE can always field a big fleet)

Drawbacks:
Big clans might be able to multiflip easier (although there's a hard limit on nation port attacks)
Could possibly be exploited. Multi clans rather than one big one. (not sure what you can do with that, maybe some sort of reward incentive to be in a big clan, less tax at nation cap or some such)

Now as a fairly big clan we wouldn't benefit from such a idea but it would be really nice to see the small but hardened clans getting a stake on the game rather than it being limited to the big boys.

Let us know your thoughts. Happy hunting.

• Like 1

so just using this as an example HRE guys, don't freak out.  

There is the HRE clan and the HREKK.  I assume KK is crafters or whatever.  HRE has 150 people, HREKK has 10.  Some guys switch into HREKK to flip a port, leave after the PB is won.  Port X remains small because HREKK is a "small" clan.  

See the problem?

A smarter solution would be to allow the clans to select their BR load out and forts inside the management window.  Small, Medium, Large.  Maintenance costs go up the larger the port.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Ugh, more limits. PBs are already small enough without further reduction. Maybe it's time to accept port conquest isn't meant to be small-clan content?

Also I have already accepted that fact and play accordingly. Doesn't mean I have to like it or not strive to change it. As stands most new players wont ever get to a port battle because the Big clans are harsh and demanding. Its a shame. More players more content.

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

so just using this as an example HRE guys, don't freak out.  

There is the HRE clan and the HREKK.  I assume KK is crafters or whatever.  HRE has 150 people, HREKK has 10.  Some guys switch into HREKK to flip a port, leave after the PB is won.  Port X remains small because HREKK is a "small" clan.  

See the problem?

A smarter solution would be to allow the clans to select their BR load out and forts inside the management window.  Small, Medium, Large.  Maintenance costs go up the larger the port.  

Is a good idea I could get on board with that. And yeah I identified the problem in the OP. That's the major crux of it and it would need addressing.

14 minutes ago, Capt Jubal Early said:

Also I have already accepted that fact and play accordingly. Doesn't mean I have to like it or not strive to change it. As stands most new players wont ever get to a port battle because the Big clans are harsh and demanding. Its a shame. More players more content.

More content=yes
Dumbing down current content to fit everyone's needs=no

Instead of turning big clan content small, we should be asking the developers for small clan raids or blockaide missions or something.
Making a 1 size fits all solution is what gives us problems.

• Like 1

Just now, RKY said:

Just face it, this game will never have a large population. 150 people clans make no sense. there should be a hard limit to 25-30 per clans. This is not eve or wow.

It did at some point. Just takes some effort and good will.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

Just now, RKY said:

once you reach 5 you will be pve only clan, cuz there will be no one else on the server. I am sure you will enjoy that.

smaller clans, smaller clashes, more identities more people per nations, more port battles and pvp.

While we do that can we remove all the other limitation that we've saved for "when we get more population" like this huge useless map, huge useless economy and huge useless crafting system?

The game will never have more than 1k players anyway.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson